Since installing the new software the camera keeps going into shut down ?

GRG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently went from using a 64gb card to a 32gb and I was having no issues.
I then updated the Firmware (most recent !)
Since then after journeys the camera goes into "blackvue is shutting down" ???
It will start normal recording when I drive off again.

So I assume when it's shut down it will not record via the motion sensor, which I have set to 1.

Is there an issue with the latest firmware?

If so an easy way to reverse it would be appreciated

Is there an easy link to updates ?
(The one I saved is not opening ?)

Cheers

Since then after journeys the camera goes into "blackvue is shutting down" ???
It will start normal recording when I drive off again.

I would check your source of power, being as it starts when you start your vehicle perhaps the power when engine is off is no longer on??

Morning
I've checked as much as I can.

If I press the button on the power connector it re-starts.

I wonder if because I'm not using that vehicle much the battery is dropping below the safe level and that power adaptor thing is cutting it off?

There is also a switch on the side of the power box, the manual is not that informative would this possibly disable the power cut off, I can't physically see it now as its been tucked under the dash when it was installed, I can feel it but not see it !

The power box I refer to is the one supplied for connection to the battery.

Cheers

My Power Magic Pro has an off/on switch. When it is switched off no power goes to the camera while the vehicle is not running (key off). When the key is on the the PMP switch is bypassed providing power to the camera drawing from my "ACC" (tapped into radio source). If the PMP switch is on it switches seamlessly to the the battery source (tapped into brake light fuse) when the "ACC" source is stopped (key off). My PMP is installed where I can easily see it (also has a green light that is on while power is going out) so I can shut off my dash cam should I decide I do not want the parking mode to energize.

All this to say that if I had your symptoms I would be looking at my power box.. It has every indication of a) switched off or b) has failed. Why it should have gone into a different mode when you changed SD cards is strange.

Uninstall most recent and go back to 1.009

Back