Slightly wasteful

Decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently purchased from Vantrue a second N4 pro mount so I could transfer DashCamTalk to second car. I also asked if they would supply me with additional electrostatic film. Both arrived this morning so no gripes there.
But the new electrostatic films supplied are huge.
As originally supplied with dashcam, the size was 60mm x 80mm, (x2 the size of the adhesive pad).
Those supplied today are 80mm x 100mm. Over 50% larger. (x4 the size of the adhesive pad)
Today where costs are critical, (and there is a cost to everything), this does seem wasteful.
Jeff_Vantrue, get them to save some money. It might be small change, but it could make a difference.

You can always trim the static sticker, i generally only use 1/4 of the ones i have used.

My point was, you shouldn’t have to. (Trim it that is).

I am OK with a little Scissor work, and not least have spare static sticker as that is what i use testing cameras in my living room window.
It would also be nice to have in the car, but as i there mount on the dotted area the statis stickers will not work, at least i assume it will not work i have never tried it.

Currently and very offset the 70mai omni are on a sticker.

Considering the cost of the camera, I'm not concerned about this material cost

My point was, you shouldn’t have to. (Trim it that is).
I rather have too much than too little of the electrostatic film.
For some users it might be wasteful, for others useful.
There have been topics like this in the past, where one person wanted changes but no one else.

I wasn’t particularly looking to change anything. I made an observation that replacements were very nearly 50% larger, than that of the original supplied, which is slightly wasteful.

The notion that a provided piece of electrostatic film is a mere 20mm wider and 20mm longer than the original is an important enough issue that it needs a thread to discuss it seems like an astonishingly trivial concern to me. Any "wastefulness" here, especially within the context of the overall cost of the camera, the packaging, the power supply, cables and all the accessories it comes with is altogether negligible. In fact, the larger piece of film will provide a greater surface area to more securely adhere to the glass and this could even be the reason they are providing a bigger one than the original.

Back