Slim Dashcam

BloatedToad

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just picked up a new vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland and I wish to get a front and rear dashcam.
I don't need a display on the unit as I'd like to have it tucked behind the rear view mirror and out of sight.
I'm also going to look at getting it professionally installed as I wouldn't trust myself.
Cloud storage is not a need, between 1080p and 4k I don't particularly care.
As far as cost of unit, perhaps $500-$600
I found one place that does the Memento M6 but don't see much about it that is positive.
Thanks!

The Viofo A129 series of cams are well worth considering as is their A139 in either 2 or 3- channel guise. Street Guardian also makes a couple 2-channel cams, one of which is a 'dual remote' where the processor module can be hidden away and only the cam modules seen. If you're not going to use the extra features which Thinkware and Blackvue cams have there's no point in paying their premium price when other cams can do as well or better for less.

Whatever cam you select, be sure to get a good card for it, one which users of that cam recommend as card failure is one of the most common issues with dashcams, and these cams can be picky about which cards work well. Check your card regularly to ensure the cam is still functioning properly. Seems most of us do this every 2-8 weeks or so. Never hurts to have a spare card on hand too as these sometimes fail without warning, and switching between the two cards when you do your cam check essentially doubles how long your cards will last. As cards are cheap right now I'd recommend 128GB or larger if the cam can handle it, which will not be overwriting old files before the day's driving is done.

Phil

Back