Slow GPS/Speed Update

jinxy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've hardwired my A129 Pro in yesterday which seems to have solved the GPS lock issue but having watched the video back now the speed being displayed seems to be updating slowly, taking a few seconds to register the increase or decrease. Is anybody else seeing this?

Hi,

I've hardwired my A129 Pro in yesterday which seems to have solved the GPS lock issue but having watched the video back now the speed being displayed seems to be updating slowly, taking a few seconds to register the increase or decrease. Is anybody else seeing this?
Yes, my GPS also seems a bit slow with the latest firmware, I assume it is caused by the firmware, it used to be fast.

Yes, my GPS also seems a bit slow with the latest firmware, I assume it is caused by the firmware, it used to be fast.
My module found satellites only 3 minutes after the start of the registrar.

Can someone confirm that A129 Pro Duo use same GPS module as A129 Duo? I`m not about compatibility but about hardware model.
Viofo A129 Duo GPS module based on GAM-2525 Mediatek MTK3337 chipset - IMHO not best solution, it was "End Of Life" at 2017 with latest FW update at 22/06/2015. It`s does not really matters for most users but this chipset support only GPS satellites and can`t use modern GNSS features. It was nice at 2012-2014 years but not now. I`m successful connected to GPS module via UART but it`s so simple so I can`t change anything, just look at current FW version (it was latest 2_32) and GNSS data log.

Some time ago I wrote about Gitup G3 Duo GPS module based on U-Blox 7 chipet - "It`s nice but why not use U-blox 8 based solutions - with comparable price but with GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou/Galileo support". But now I see that this part of dash cams nobody cares, no one need more precision solutions.

Anyway, we may use any different external GPS modules because all Novatek chipsets use standard NMEA protocol messages for GPS support but it`s means additional wires and a lot of hardware modifications.
IMG_20190723_012031.jpgIMG_20190723_013552.jpgIMG_20190723_095413.jpgБезымянный.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P A129 Pro / A129 Pro Duo 8