Small dash cam with screen and suction cup mount

efcm

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I drive i different car every day im looking for a small and discrete, dash cam.

The camera must have a screen and suction cup

I select a few models and need your help to chose the right one:

Dome g90, size 8.6x5.2x3.8 chipset Ambarella A7 56€

Good reviews and goof feedback

Dome Z7 size 5.2 x 5.7 x 3.8 cm chipset 96650 aptina 330 45€

Good reviews and goof feedback

Dome G50 size 5.2 x 5.7 x 3.8 chipset 96650 lens aptina 330 54€

Good reviews and good feedback

I believe the z7 and g50 have a very similar performance same chipset same lens? (Z7 have 140º angle vs G50 170º)

In my opinion 140º its better that 170º because you get a more realistic distance to the car in front of you.

Any other camera recommendation?

Thks

Discreet & suction cup is a contradiction in terms. No such thing as a discreet suction-cupped dashcam. How about a visor mount instead...

image.jpg

An SJCam M10 would meet your camera needs. It's internal battery lasts 2 hours or so between charges, so you could dispense with a power cable trailing to the accessory socket. Spare batteries are cheap & take a few seconds to install, so carry a couple of spares.

image.jpg

Its a Solution, but its a bit more expensive this cam costs 66€ plus the mount 3€ ? (but you can use it for a lot more purposes, i already have a sj4000)

When you change direction and get the morning or evening sun in your face you will need to move the visor down, the mount will be in the wrong position...

When you change direction and get the morning or evening sun in your face you will need to move the visor down, the mount will be in the wrong position...

Mount it on the passenger-side visor. The passenger can wear sunglasses.

Back