Smaller windshield mount for DVR-XX7 (and others)

dropshadow

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've only been here a few days so far, but I've already gotten some pretty helpful advice so I thought I should return the favor. I picked up a DVR-207GS about a month ago after reading this review on the wirecutter for the 027. So far the dashcam has performed exactly as promised and is a pretty good deal. The only thing that I don't like about it is the height of the windshield mount, so I've been looking around for something a little smaller.

Once I learned that the DVR cameras use a standard camera mount, I figured there must be something else that would work. I stopped by my local electronics store and I found a flexible mount for a JVC Adixxion sports camcorder. I paid $14, but they're also available here on Amazon for $16.59, and $12 on TIgerDirect.

I was concerned that the maximum angle wouldn't work on my windshield, but it looks like it will. If you have a more vertical windshield (like in a Jeep Wrangler), this mount won't work. I haven't attached it to my windshield yet, but I will once the car cools down a bit.

It includes one mount and three adhesive-backed bases. I wish it came with another mount since I'll never use the other two bases, but for the price I can't complain. Once the mount is attached to the camera, you snap it into the base and spin the knob to tighten it down. Once tightened, I couldn't get the mount to move at all, which is another improvement over the mount that comes with the DVR which seems to loosen up occasionally. Once I get it mounted into the car, I'll take a couple photos and post them in this thread.

GUrgmvp.png

There are a couple similar mounts on Amazon that I found by searching for "adhesive camera mount," like this one for $13, but it looks like it might be a little bit taller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple photos with a US quarter and an iPod shuffle for size reference.

4mhNuTj.jpg

JQoyY5D.jpg

The Viofo VF960 G900 uses a similar mount

Xybone said:
The Viofo VF960 G900 uses a similar mount

Cool, good to know. I assumed I wasn't breaking any new ground, but thought I'd share what I found.

Back