So is there a parking mode now?

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
So I was messing around with a program called mSetup to fix up some issues I found and I came across this setting. Power Off Disconnect (Motion Detection). I am guessing this is once the camera loses power when you turn the car off it will then turn on motion detection.

I haven't seen this setting until I updated mSetup so is this something new?

It might apply only to the M2, which also uses the mSetup program.

Phil

That's not in the M2 setup pages in the latest 4.0.6.2 version of mSetup. Perhaps it's new for the M1? Hopefully @Isoprop can advise if anything has changed

That's not in the M2 setup pages in the latest 4.0.6.2 version of mSetup. Perhaps it's new for the M1? Hopefully @Isoprop can advise if anything has changed
There are no Power-Off disconnect parameters for the M2 yet, but the Power-Off-To-Motion-Detect in the M1 is more than a year old! It was officially added in FW v2.37, May 13 2015.

I'm adding a feature to mSetup which will make it possible for the program to show the parameters for any of the cameras it supports when it is launched. This way users can easily see which parameters are available for each camera without actually having the camera. The parameters are, obviously, inactive and can't be selected.

Last edited:
I'm adding a feature to mSetup which will make it possible for the program to show the parameters for any of the cameras it supports when it is launched. This way users can easily see which parameters are available for each camera without actually having the camera. The parameters are, obviously, inactive and can't be selected.
Are you talking about a toggle between the different camera models, which then shows model-specific parameters? Or are you planning to show all the possible parameters and grey-out those not applicable to a specific model when it's connected?

Are you talking about a toggle between the different camera models, which then shows model-specific parameters? Or are you planning to show all the possible parameters and grey-out those not applicable to a specific model when it's connected?
There will be an additional 'Advanced Setup' dialog in the Tools dialog where one can select which 'camera' (model-specific parameters) will be shown when the software is launched. I want to keep things as unobtrusive and simple as possible.
Currently, mSetup will show the last 'camera' which was still selected when the program exited, or the first camera ever to be selected. The camera's name is shown centered near the bottom of the dialog. It will disappear as soon as the real camera is selected.

Well I tried that mode today and it seems to work :). Once my car cuts power to the camera it goes into motion detection mode however it looks like the camera just runs stand by until it sees something. The battery does not hold charge long enough for a full park but it seems to be a interesting feature for parking :)

Back