@SocialsFinest Needs A Recommend

Panzer Platform

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2025 Minimum Requirements: STARVIS 2 & HDR & 4K60fps
Please welcome @SocialsFinest to the forum.
This post was created just for him.
Here are his needs / wants;

I’m looking for a quality dash cam, will be my first dashcam.
I don't mind buying an SSD’s and running a 10ft cord in my headliner to hide it somewhere, in case of the event of a theft.
Was someone mentioning wireless download of videos, or is that only via cloud?
Which I agree, cloud is a risk, with most companies using third party sharing once you use cloud, like Thinkware and Garmin i believe. Your videos are their videos.
Geo fencing and wireless download would be nice, if not recommended that’s fine.
I’ll probably hardwire, but I’m open to battery pack ideas.
Looking for Front & Rear, I don't care right now about IR Interior cam.
I’m in Midwest, it gets very cold and quite warm in the summers.
I do night, and daytime driving.
I don't mind learning how to re-thermal paste after a few years if needed.
I have a computer if wired down is what needs to happen.
Lots of deer, and drunk drivers in the midwest, clearly capturing license plates, and faces if possible is a common seek for most buyers i assume.
Best recommendations?
I’ve read quite a few of yall’s pages of A139 Pro, A229 Plus & A229 Pro,
But not sure entirely what the Telephoto RTC300 is right now, is it a rear cam that is compatible for some front cams?
Just curious if some of yall would be able to unite, and recommend the best overall cam.
I understand the A339 is 60fps and slightly better night vision and stuff.
But for overall compatibility and lifespan for a front & rear cam is what im seeking.
Hope everyone is doing well, take care.

I don't mind buying an SSD’s and running a 10ft cord in my headliner to hide it somewhere, in case of the event of a theft.
Currently the only Viofo recommended cable for SSD usage is the official Viofo brand 1.8 Meter.
We were told aftermarket cables longer than 6 feet may not be compatible.
We will be testing that.
My A329 test unit is in route for delivery in a week or so.
https://www.viofo.com/products/viofo-a329-dual-usb-c-1-8m-ssd-hard-drive-data-transfer-cableWas someone mentioning wireless download of videos, or is that only via cloud?
All Viofo cameras with Wi-Fi can wirelessly download video to your smartphone using the APP.
If you want to download videos to your PC, or other storage device Viofo has Wi-Fi Station Mode.
Currently Viofo cameras do not support cloud.
Geo fencing
Geofencing was an experimental feature on the original A139 (2021) IMX335.
It was removed with a firmware update because it did not work properly.
It is unknown if it is under development, or if it will ever return.
Looking for Front & Rear, I don't care right now about IR Interior cam.
If you have unlimited cash, I recommend the A329 2-CH.
$400 A329 2-CH
$130 512GB Viofo Brand SD Card
$17 Viofo Brand 1.8 Meter SSD cable
$305 Samsung T7 SSD
$16 CPL Filter for rear camera
But not sure entirely what the Telephoto RTC300 is right now, is it a rear cam that is compatible for some front cams?
The RTC300 is an optional remote camera for the A229 Pro & A229 Plus.
It’s basically the exact same camera as the standard rear camera with a Telephoto lens.
Based on my testing if the Front / Main camera ever fails to capture a plate, the Telephoto will get it 99% of the time.
I have a prototype Telephoto & IR Interior for the A329 on the way for testing.
If enough customers want these optional cameras, Viofo said they will make production versions available.
Here’s some examples of the RTC300 in action;

@SocialsFinest

It is intended for the front, to give a zoomed in version of the front camera image, better at reading license plates.
It does plug into the rear camera port, so if you also want a rear camera, you want the 4K front + 2K Telephoto + 1K rear package, which is soon to be released.

Currently only compatible with A229 Pro and Plus dashcams.

Currently the only Viofo recommended cable for SSD usage is the official Viofo brand 1.8 Meter.
We were told aftermarket cables longer than 6 feet may not be compatible.
We will be testing that.
My A329 test unit is in route for delivery in a week or so.
https://www.viofo.com/products/viofo-a329-dual-usb-c-1-8m-ssd-hard-drive-data-transfer-cableWas someone mentioning wireless download of videos, or is that only via cloud?

All Viofo cameras with Wi-Fi can wirelessly download video to your smartphone using the APP.
If you want to download videos to your PC, or other storage device Viofo has Wi-Fi Station Mode.
Currently Viofo cameras do not support cloud.

Geofencing was an experimental feature on the original A139 (2021) IMX335.
It was removed with a firmware update because it did not work properly.
It is unknown if it is under development, or if it will ever return.

If you have unlimited cash, I recommend the A329 2-CH.
$400 A329 2-CH
$130 512GB Viofo Brand SD Card
$17 Viofo Brand 1.8 Meter SSD cable
$305 Samsung T7 SSD
$16 CPL Filter for rear camera

The RTC300 is an optional remote camera for the A229 Pro & A229 Plus.
It’s basically the exact same camera as the standard rear camera with a Telephoto lens.
Based on my testing if the Front / Main camera ever fails to capture a plate, the Telephoto will get it 99% of the time.
I have a prototype Telephoto & IR Interior for the A329 on the way for testing.
If enough customers want these optional cameras, Viofo said they will make production versions available.
Here’s some examples of the RTC300 in action;

@SocialsFinest
You didnt need to make a forum for me, but i do appreciate that. And thank you very much for your info, looking forward to your insight when you get the 329.

Money is definitely still a problem for me.
I’m just a 22 yearold journeyman mechanic and apprentice plumber. But i barely ever buy anything, and i love my car. Except when it breaks down and i have to fix it, oh well. Life…

But i like buying quality and reliability. And with research and your guys insight i’d like to buy something i can count on

I'm retired IUOE Local 39.
My job title was Motorpool Fleet Maintenance Manager.
But I was cross trained to assist my brothers when they showed up hungover, I mean sick. lol
Stationary Engineer
Electrician
Boiler Mechanic
Plumber
HVAC
So I can cause all sorts of damage. lol
journeyman mechanic and apprentice plumber.

I'm retired IUOE Local 39.
My job title was Motorpool Fleet Maintenance Manager.
But I was cross trained to assist my brothers when they showed up hungover, I mean sick. lol
Stationary Engineer
Electrician
Boiler Mechanic
Plumber
HVAC
So I can cause all sorts of damage. lol
Quite an impressive broad amount of forte’s you got there.
Gotta love family, chaos and all.

I’ll probably wait till your 329 review is out

Is the amazon Viofo sale page good enough, or should i just buy it straight from Viofo website.

I like the idea of the power of the 339 60fps and such, but if that’s just over the top..

Then maybe the 229 Plus with Rtc and a Rear cam is plenty, ??

I do like samsung’s T7. Got a 500gig for my computer games, may just upgrade my laptop ssd and use the T7 for the Dashcam
(if 500 gig isnt enough i can deal with that later)

It’s not like i’m a GT3 racer (maybe one day..)
or driving 1,000 miles a week to justify an insanely powerful dashcam.
But i do enjoy a good reliable device.

If that 339 gets your happy feels flowin Panzer, i just may have to choke up a few bucks from the moth balls in my wallet.

Though i do need to find or build a house,… in this economy..
Too bad i didnt buy a house when i was 4 years old and the market was fine. (Hah..)

If’s coulda’s shoulda’s woulda’s. Oh well. Back to the blue collar grindstone!

The Amazon page is fine. If you order from VIOFO it will take at least 15 days for delivery, Amazon is much quicker. Just make certain the item is Sold by VIOFO and Shipped by Amazon. Read carefully and check the Coupon offer for a discount, if it is offered. Before you buy decide if you want parking mode or not, if you do want parking mode you will need the HK4 wire harness.

I’ll probably wait till your 329 review is out
It usually takes me 30 days to put a dash cam through my barrage of tests before I make a YouTube Full Review.
However, I received my A229 Pro test unit September 2023, and I did not release my review until April 2024, (7 months later).
I was not satisfied with the night time HDR performance, and it took 6 months for a firmware I was satisfied with.

Here’s Ariel’s review of the A329;

Is the amazon Viofo sale page good enough, or should i just buy it straight from Viofo website.
I do not recommend buying direct from the Viofo.com website for 3 reasons.
1.) Viofo.com website takes 15 days shipping, when Amazon has 2-day shipping.
2.) Viofo.com return policy is only 3-days, and buyer pays return shipping back to Hong Kong.
Amazon return policy is 30-days with free return shipping.
3.) Amazon usually has lower pricing with coupons, discounts, promo code, etc.
I’ll have an Amazon Promo Code when the A329 is available for purchase on Amazon US around December 1, but that could easily be pushed back to January 1, or later based on past Viofo releases.
I like the idea of the power of the 339 60fps and such, but if that’s just over the top..

Then maybe the 229 Plus with Rtc and a Rear cam is plenty, ??
1.) The A229 Pro & A229 Plus is not available with RTC300 Telephoto, and Rear cam "yet".
Currently it's only available with RTC Telephoto, and IR Interior cam.
You can use the IR Interior cam as a "rear" camera by disabling the IR LED's, but the image quality is not "optimized" for rear camera duty.
2.) I do not recommend the A229 Plus.
I do like samsung’s T7.
Viofo Brand SD Cards are going to be the most reliable until, we figure out exactly what SSD’s, and Type-C cables are compatible.
If that 339 gets your happy feels flowin Panzer, i just may have to choke up a few bucks from the moth balls in my wallet.
If you are currently driving around without a dash cam I would buy the A119 Mini 2 now for $99 on sale.
It has the best night time HDR performance of any dash cam I’ve ever tested.
By the time the A329 is released on Amazon, it’s possible Viofo will have released the Remote Telephoto camera for the A329.
Then you could put the A329 & Telephoto on the front windshield, and put the A119 Mini 2 on the rear window.

I can probably just wait till January or somethin then.

So the 229 Pro ‘Has’ updated their HD to a point you’re relatively satisfied with it?

Haha, seems like alot of people have been buying Cams since that scam video.

Not me, i’ve been lookin at thinkware cams since i was like 17 and Uniden Detectors since i was 18. I just enjoy my drives and dont trust idiotic drivers. Just have lived in small towns past few years and havnt worried about it. But now i drive to the city Alot for plumbing class and welding, time for me to stop postponing doing research on buying one.

Viofo i only discovered last week from a reddit link to your forum here.

The A119 mini2 might plug into the 329 ??? Or i’d just probably have to have two separate cameras if i buy the Mini now and 329 later

So the 229 Pro ‘Has’ updated their HD to a point you’re relatively satisfied with it?
Night time HDR performance is acceptable, but the A119 Mini 2 was better in my last test.
The A119 mini2 might plug into the 329
The A119 Mini 2 is a single channel dash cam, (will not plug in to any other camera).
I can probably just wait till January or somethin then.
I just got a USPS tracking notification my A329 2-CH is scheduled for delivery Tuesday.
Can't wait to compare night time HDR performance with A119 Mini 2, and all my other tests.

Just wait until the A329 is released on Amazon.
But driving around with no dash cam is not wise.
Any dash cam is better than no dash cam.
I would buy this Crosstour CR900 for $17 from Amazon;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0DD3Y9CMH
Manufacturer website;
https://us.crosstourtech.com/products/crosstour-cr900-dash-cam

Attachments

• 1 .png
    1 .png
    469.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back