Solid red, Solid yellow, wont turn off. Feeling of unease and dread.

Grimm

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius B-Front, Mobius A-Rear
Solid red, Solid yellow, wont turn off.

That's the front Mobius today :(

Had to pull the battery. Checked the footage and it stopped recording when this happened (which I knew it would). Have no idea why this happened. Formatted card, as I do every 2 weeks and will retest tomorrow in a NYC parking lot...The perfect test place since something is bound to happen. Will change to "stealth mode" before I park, AKA black tape over red light, much like I use to do on the old VHS camera ;) .

Strange unprotected feeling while driving home and of course something happened but not an accident as I avoided that. Still, its the same strange feeling I have when my house alarm is on the fritz, suddenly you feel less protected then you did before.

On the reliability meter the Mobius has dropped one point in the standings. I'm starting to wonder if a dedicated dashcam may suit me and others better then a do-it-all solution.

The highly anticipated GuardTrak cant come soon enough.

May I suggest keeping a spare Mobius handy. With dashcams you never know what could happen ;)

edit: It's why there are so many in my profile. One or two are actually in use at any given moment; one of the rest I carry just in case (and they are prone to total failure too).

Blinking red and yellow means a card issue. Is there a back up card you could try? Sounds similar to the problem @Byr0n had.

May I suggest keeping a spare Mobius handy. With dashcams you never know what could happen ;)

edit: It's why there are so many in my profile. One or two are actually in use at any given moment; one of the rest I carry just in case (and they are prone to total failure too).

Yes, I completely agree with the idea of having more than one camera on hand that can be a spare or part of the rotation. That why I have several cameras in my profile as well........(And I'm not even Russian! :D)
I keep a spare memory card with me too. Either I can swap out the card if there is something I want to be sure to archive or if a card should go bad while I'm out on the road.

Blinking red and yellow means a card issue. Is there a back up card you could try? Sounds similar to the problem @Byr0n had.

Nope that wasn't me mate, my only issue is capacitor related.. at the moment ;)

Formatted card, as I do every 2 weeks

Why? I formatted mine once in the past 6 months, & I've had no problems. Try a different card ... will hopefully fix your issue.

Back