Some interesting footage. Things people do in a one way system.

PeterT

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Dash Cam
Cobra CDR 840, and sometimes iPhone 5s with car cam app
Shooting stops streets and trying to reverse, then u turn in a one way alley to car wash. eish!

Wow. He thought that if he reversed slowly enough, everyone would get out of his way. Including the shop!
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume he's had no formal driving lessons ever.

i've seen plenty of people who HAVE had driver training still fail massively at using reverse. it always bothers my wife when i park because i back into spaces so quickly, and make other sharp turns very close to other cars in parking lots... i got a LOT of practice moving and parking cars of all shapes and sizes (from F350 duallies down to little toyota yaris) in tight spaces when i worked as a mechanic.

Over the years I've learned the several ways the different English speaking countries use to describe the same things. Now it's time to learn one more: stop streets. :)

The Toyota was just slipstreaming and taking advantage of the downhill to save fuel. :D

Old guy in the Megane? The way he manoeuvered is typical of drivers above certain ages.

i've seen plenty of people who HAVE had driver training still fail massively at using reverse. it always bothers my wife when i park because i back into spaces so quickly, and make other sharp turns very close to other cars in parking lots... i got a LOT of practice moving and parking cars of all shapes and sizes (from F350 duallies down to little toyota yaris) in tight spaces when i worked as a mechanic.
My work colleague is always telling me "it won't fit there" whenever I choose a tighter spot to park the car. So far I never failed to fit the car in every of the spots where he would never park if he was the one driving.

Over the years I've learned the several ways the different English speaking countries use to describe the same things. Now it's time to learn one more: stop streets. :)
I've always said "run a stop sign" or "blow a stop sign". don't see it too often here, but i got one in my latest dashcam chronicles video. if i'd waited another second or so before going (after stopping at my own stop sign), he would have hit me. and i'd have gotten it on dashcam too.

Was I the only one screaming "LOAD THE ICE QUICKER DUDE!!!"? :D
Was I the only one screaming "DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT MORON, DUDE!!!" :D:D

I've always said "run a stop sign" or "blow a stop sign". don't see it too often here, but i got one in my latest dashcam chronicles video. if i'd waited another second or so before going (after stopping at my own stop sign), he would have hit me. and i'd have gotten it on dashcam too.
If you want I can spare some. I have dozens of them! :)

Wow. He thought that if he reversed slowly enough, everyone would get out of his way. Including the shop!
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume he's had no formal driving lessons ever.
No he was just an old guy who obviously thought his age gives him the right to do as he pleases. He obviously got annoyed the there was one car ahead of him at the wash! LOL! Reminds me of Walter in grumpy old men! hehehehe

Was I the only one screaming "LOAD THE ICE QUICKER DUDE!!!"? :D

I was hooting at the guy but he still didnt get it lol!

Was I the only one screaming "DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT MORON, DUDE!!!" :D:D

Eventually the curb stopped him from reversing otherwise he would have carried.

Back