Sooco G1, the Cap Camera

Biker

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I thought I got a brilliant idea, to put the very small Soocoo G1 camera on the screen of a baseball cap! So I could use my hands on the DSLR camera and make a video at the same time. And then use the same system on a Motorcycle helmet!

Drilled a hole in the screen, found a small camera screw and it all worked out beautifully (in my studio).

So I went to an Open House Event, hosted by our national MC organization SMC and one of the major MC clubs in Stockholm. A lot of bikes and bikers of all sorts, many of them together with their family members. A very pleasant event!

Coming back to the studio I realized that:

One should make sure that the cap fits and is not sliding downwards, you get nice pictures of boots and the ground, not really ones intention!

Find a way to switch off the date and time information, very irritating when you try to edit in a logical way and see the time jump from clip to clip.

Check how sound is recorded when in a crowd and close to a road with heavy traffic, had to replace it with background music and some sound effects.

You can see the result here, The Video Cap Production Company proudly presents

Still photos are here https://www.flickr.com/photos/mcskribenten/26543865974/in/album-72157666182062904/lightbox/

So, Please anyone, how do you turn off the date and time stamp in a Soocoo G1?

I thought I got a brilliant idea, to put the very small Soocoo G1 camera on the screen of a baseball cap!

Attaching a camera to a baseball cap has been done before...

image.jpeg

Attaching a camera to a baseball cap has been done before...

View attachment 23274

Yes I know, have been using the same method with a Mobius and Velcro fastening for over two years and also published pictures of the "mount".

But thank you for the very useful history lesson :)!

The new with the Soocoo G1 is that it is water protected and that I used a tripod screw.
I do not dare using the Mobius when it is raining and it gets to bulky if it in it´s UV house.

Recently reviewed the Panasonic HX-1A and used it on a motorcycle helmet with the included mount. Tricky to put that camera on a baseball cap though.

So, does anyone know if it is possible to switch off the date and time stamp in the G1??

Last edited:
Back