Speed camera alerts

FiestaRed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new Renault Austral on order but I've just found out that the sat-nav doesn't have speed camera warnings. Are there any dash cams available here in the UK that have speed camera warnings built in please?

I think your car should have a speed limit warning and display, even if it doesn't warn of cameras, which should be sufficient unless you intend to drive above the speed limits.

You are better off having a dedicated dashcam than a multi-purpose device. I think Thinkware dashcams do have speed camera alerts for the UK, but they are not cheap dashcams, and the image quality isn't currently the best. You can get great image quality elsewhere and save enough for a dedicated speed camera device. Thinkware dashcams do have other advantages, such as radar parking mode, so are worth considering.

Also consider using a phone app such as Waze for speed camera alerts. Google Maps also has alerts.

Yeah leave Waze open, you get really high quality traffic info, speed cameras, speed vans and potholes.

Yeah leave Waze open, you get really high quality traffic info, speed cameras, speed vans and potholes.
Waze is something I’ve never used. Is it as simple as downloading the app and using your mobile please?

Waze is something I’ve never used. Is it as simple as downloading the app and using your mobile please?
Yes, give it a go, no cost, see how you get on with it.

For long journeys it is useful anyway, because of traffic and roadwork notifications, also provides petrol station info and fuel prices, so can save you some money.

Yes, give it a go, no cost, see how you get on with it.

For long journeys it is useful anyway, because of traffic and roadwork notifications, also provides petrol station info and fuel prices, so can save you some money.
Thanks for the help. Really appreciated.

Back