SquareTrade warranty on ebay purchases - worth it?

minaviggen

Reaction score
Looking at getting the itronics itb 100 model from one of the several ebay sellers profiled on here (apple-ct / the bestservice4you), and see that they/eBay offer a 29,99 add-on for a 3 year warranty with SquareTrade.

I've read through the ST info on ebay and sounds pretty good for coverage, since we really don't get much beyond the initial eBay return policy.

Only thing that caught my eye:
"For new items that don’t have a manufacturer warranty: If your item is described as “New” Your warranty term assumes that your item has a valid manufacturer’s warranty. If there isn’t a manufacturer’s warranty, your coverage term will be adjusted to reflect the absence of the manufacturer’s warranty. "

Anyone get this coverage on their ebay-purchased dashcam? If so, impressions about the adjusted warranty they provide?

Hi minaviggen,

I have never used a SquareTrade warranty but from what I have read they are pretty reputable and they partner with Costco to sell extended warranties as well. Technically the eBay purchases are NEW and should be covered by manufacturers warranty. Unfortunately, the manufacturer may decide not to honor the warranty if they believe it is a non-authorized seller. If you do get the SquareTrade warranty, it may make sense to try to get the eBay vendor or manufacturer to honor the warranty before going to SquareTrade.

Perhaps others with direct experience on this could reply as well.

Looking to buy on Amazon for my ebay purchse....cant see in the T+C any issues with buying product from foreign country....anyone know if they support products from Taiwan?

Back