Standard wire problem

headphones

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi guys!

Sorry if this is not the right place for my question...

I have ordered an A119 v2 from Aliexpress (link), but I had no time to mount it until today. I have tested it with the shortest cable provided from the box, and updated the firmware to v3.4.

Today when tried to mount it on the car with the longer cable provided from the box, I realized that the cable does not provide any power to the camera, or at least the camera does not turn on. If I switch to the shorter cable it works just fine.

What should be the problem, a faulty cable? Or is it something else?

Thank you in advance for every reply!

it sounds to me like its the cable. Is there anything in the instructions that says whether the cables are for different uses? (ie one for sending power to the cam and one for file transfer?)

I personally don't know if different cables have different jobs

Hi guys!

Sorry if this is not the right place for my question...

I have ordered an A119 v2 from Aliexpress (link), but I had no time to mount it until today. I have tested it with the shortest cable provided from the box, and updated the firmware to v3.4.

Today when tried to mount it on the car with the longer cable provided from the box, I realized that the cable does not provide any power to the camera, or at least the camera does not turn on. If I switch to the shorter cable it works just fine.

What should be the problem, a faulty cable? Or is it something else?

Thank you in advance for every reply!

Are you using the included power supply with the long cable?

@DashcamDPR no, there's not anything like that in the instructions manual, but I suppose the shorter one (approx. 1m) is for data, and the longer one (approx. 5m) is for power.

@Harsh yes, I'm using the included power supply. I have attached a photo with the included power supply, and the longer wire. The wire is rated as 22 AWG, 300V.
49802a94756348ac2259afd73f2b67ec.jpg

points to a possibly faulty wire maybe? does it look to have any defects, along the cable itself or on either of the connector ends?

@headphones Please tag me with your order id,my CS will contact you for replacement cable! Thanks!

Back