Starting Over

oo7ml

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,

I was trying to reset the wi-fi password on my camera (DR650) the other day, and i ended up formatting the SD card instead :-(

I also need to update the firmware on the camera, so i'd like to start everything from new again.

I would REALLY appreciate some help on the following, and would be happy to send a small payment on PayPal for your help.

Can someone advise me on the following please, as i really don't understand these things:

01 - how do i fully reset of camera

02 - how do i do a full format of the card on my mac (and what format should it be)

03 - how do i do a full firmware update on the camera (DR650)

Thank you in advance for your help.

I can help with 1 & 3, but I don't do Macs. I can tell you it needs to be formatted as FAT32.

When you download the Zip with firmware, there's a "stock" config.ini file (in the Config folder). There's also a readme.txt in the Zip that tells you how to do the firmware upgrade. If you follow the instructions (format the card, copy over the Zip contents), then when you re-insert the card into the camera it'll do the upgrade for you, and you'll end up with the stock config. Then you can set everything up again.

If you don't want "stock", then during the phase where you're copying the Zip contents, *don't* copy the config.ini file (and only that file). That'll get the firmware update done, but retain all your settings. In some cases you may want to open the current & stock ini files in your favorite text editor and compare. But that's not really required.

a firmware update should reset things anyway, they include instructions with the updates so I'm sure you could manage that

memory card can be formatted in the camera

Download the firmware Put your card in your PC Delete the contents.
Copy the whole Blackvue folder that you downloaded onto the card Put it in the camera. Wait till it tells you its finished and starting normal recording. Either redo your settings by wifi or take card out and put in PC and do them Simples.

Thank you for all of your help.

When I put my card in my camera, i get the following: initializing the sd card please do not turn off the power

I drove around for an hour with this on... and tried it again a second time... any ideas :)

Put a blank card in the camera and wait It should format it and load the firmware thats in the camera and then start up Otherwise it may be a corrupted card If u know someone with a PC format it in FAT32 and put it in the camera and see what happens

Have you tried another card?

Back