Stealth Mirror Power Cord

can't say I've seen it, nice neat way to power a cam but suitable mostly for the Korean cams where 12v cams are more prominent, majority of Chinese cams are 5v

thank you for your response, I'm surprised these mounting options are not readily available. My windshield see's temps, from -30F to 120F. At these extreme temps (particularly the hot ones), neither suction cups or adhesive will work.

:geek: Maybe the power option is a bit further off, but the mount seems like a no brainer. :?:

:idea: Or perhaps at 120F any dash cam is going to exploade anyways.

I don't have one yet, but I'm very interested in installing an HD unit as soon as possible.

thx!

nvsbl said:
thank you for your response, I'm surprised these mounting options are not readily available. My windshield see's temps, from -30F to 120F. At these extreme temps (particularly the hot ones), neither suction cups or adhesive will work.

:geek: Maybe the power option is a bit further off, but the mount seems like a no brainer. :?:

:idea: Or perhaps at 120F any dash cam is going to exploade anyways.

I don't have one yet, but I'm very interested in installing an HD unit as soon as possible.

thx!

I like the power lead idea

the mount bracket off the rearview mirror mount wouldn't suit my cam and I suspect a lot of others too, it would definitely impact the GPS reception on mine, it might be suitable on some though

jokiin said:
I like the power lead idea

the mount bracket off the rearview mirror mount wouldn't suit my cam and I suspect a lot of others too, it would definitely impact the GPS reception on mine, it might be suitable on some though

sounds good, I think it would be easy to convert 12v to 5v, but I dont know anything about anything. Are there any cams that use rj12 for power?

would it not suit your cam because of the size of your cam? or because of how the mount attaches to the cam? or some other reason entirely?
we probably have different setups I have a lot of glass behind my mirror, and honestly, to me, the gps feature is irrelevant

I think if someone wanted to manufacture a cam into a radar detector there would be a market for it in the US.

thx! :mrgreen:

nvsbl said:
sounds good, I think it would be easy to convert 12v to 5v, but I dont know anything about anything.

http://dx.com/p/dc-12v-to-dc-5v-convert ... ack-147841

something like this would do the job easy enough

nvsbl said:
would it not suit your cam because of the size of your cam? or because of how the mount attaches to the cam? or some other reason entirely?
we probably have different setups I have a lot of glass behind my mirror, and honestly, to me, the gps feature is irrelevant

the location of the GPS antenna would be directly impacted

nvsbl said:
I think if someone wanted to manufacture a cam into a radar detector there would be a market for it in the US.

maybe, I don't know anything about the radar detector business though as they've been illegal where I am for many years, I also don't currently sell my camera into the US market anyway so not an opportunity I need to explore right now, who knows though, others might think it's a good idea, I think this is probably something where the radar detector suppliers would need to get into the camera business rather than the other way around, either that or a joint venture project

Last edited by a moderator:
that converter is perfect. :D

what camera do you manufacture?
where do you put your cam in your daily driver?

TYVM

nvsbl said:
that converter is perfect. :D

what camera do you manufacture?
where do you put your cam in your daily driver?

TYVM

we do a few, but for the western market a GS1000 based unit is the first full English version, some other models in the works

I mount the cam up behind the rear view mirror out of the way

Back