Strange issue, please help!

brian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I installed a Panorama II a few weeks ago and I absolutely loved it - everything was working flawlessly. I turn my car on yesterday and my screen looks like this:
ScreenShot2014-01-06at104653PM.png

Any idea what could be causing this? The screen shows this live as well and even without an SD card in (which I have formatted as well).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Defective unit apparently.

Recently another member (@Zeiro) reported exactly the same issue with his newly-bought Panorama II. Apparently yours is the second reported unit to ship with exactly the same malfunction (check out the first post on page 32 of the main thread). I think eventually he just contacted the seller and got a replacement fairly quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have contacted the seller on eBay (shpkorea) and am waiting a response. I am outside of the 14 day stated return policy. We'll see what happens...Hope I'm not out $205...

Yes, this is the second issue reported here out of many hundred sold, but you don't have to worry: shpkorea prooven to be reliable vendor.
I haven't seen yet NON of dash cameras ( even high-end premium class ) which would not have even minor issues ( Lukas, Blackvue, Finevu etc., - all have something time to time ).
Most important is quick aftersales service and I am sure your case will be sorted ASAP.
Keep us updated with e-mail responces from vendors and progress of resolving this issue.

I haven't seen yet NON of dash cameras ( even high-end premium class ) which would not have even minor issues ( Lukas, Blackvue, Finevu etc., - all have something time to time ).
Most important is quick aftersales service and I am sure your case will be sorted ASAP.

yep, anyone can have issues, Apple is a classic example, iPhone is not exempt from problems, everyone knows someone that has had one (or more) replaced, I've had a couple replaced due to faults, can't knock their service though so you can certainly be more forgiving if the customer service is up there, Apple's bottom line is testament to that

yep, anyone can have issues, Apple is a classic example, iPhone is not exempt from problems, everyone knows someone that has had one (or more) replaced, I've had a couple replaced due to faults, can't knock their service though so you can certainly be more forgiving if the customer service is up there, Apple's bottom line is testament to that

Yeah, I like the online Apple refurb store. Stuff is as good as new, cannot tell the difference and probably partially stocked from DOA items.

Just a heads up, shpkorea has asked me to return the device. I'm very impressed with how fast they respond to emails. I'll update this thread when I get a response.

Just following up with my previous issue - Shpkorea came through and replaced the defective unit! Only out the ~$13 for shipping back to Korea. Very happy with the outcome - I just hope this camera lasts longer than my first one...

Back