Stuck in a loop and won't start

mentadent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A139, VIOFO A139 Pro, VIOFO A119 Mini 2, VIOFO A229...
My VIOFO A139 Pro is stuck in a loop starting up then restarting:

I have tried:

- Factory reset with R pinhole
- Factory reset with Yellow + Wifi
- New memory card (both cards I have are VIOFO branded cards)
- Disconnecting 2nd and 3rd cameras
- New power source (powerbank instead of car)

Any ideas @viofo @VIOFO-Support ?

This is a well known problem that people have been reporting for years, including a few reports of this occurring with the A139 and A119.

I experienced it with both of my Street Guardian SG9665GCs and was told it was likely some kind of power supply issue by Jokiin and Street Guardian USA but they offered no actual help and I never did get a definitive answer and nothing I tried worked. Whatever is causing the problem is a hardware issue. I finally transitioned to Viofo cams after first trying out a new Street Guardian upgraded camera that performed miserably so I returned it . Probably your camera is toast unless Viofo can offer some assistance.

Do a search for "boot looping" here on the forum and you will get many hits.

Last time I had one do that, I reinstalled the firmware.

Maybe wait for suggestions from Viofo Support first though, they will know best.

I had new firmware about 2 weeks ago, the latest from the web site.

I just tried putting the firmware on a card but no difference.

My VIOFO A139 Pro is stuck in a loop starting up then restarting:

I have tried:

- Factory reset with R pinhole
- Factory reset with Yellow + Wifi
- New memory card (both cards I have are VIOFO branded cards)
- Disconnecting 2nd and 3rd cameras
- New power source (powerbank instead of car)

Any ideas @viofo @VIOFO-Support ?
Is the charger cable the original one? Can it be turned on normally if you use the original car charger to get the power from your cigarette lighter directly? If still does not help, you may need to get it replaced. You can open a ticket here to get further help: https://support.viofo.com/support/t...42.1723416689.1719164187-586026905.1718903629

Ok I have opened a ticket

Wow disappointing, I was offered I could get it replaced if I paid shipping and $30.

Wow disappointing, I was offered I could get it replaced if I paid shipping and $30.
It is normal process that we will ask for a maintenance fee of 30 USD if the camera is out of warranty time. As you know, the shipping cost is really expensive since we need to ship the replacement from China.

Back