Stuck in a strange mode similar to parking

CrossStreet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes after stops, my A229 Pro seems to be staying in a sort of parking mode. Recording is at a low bitrate, 3 channels are recording, gps is on a high sensitivity. These are my Parking Mode settings. The difference being the buttons are lit like in normal mode except the gps one is off. According to my settings in Parking Mode only the power button is lit, and I do normally see this.
So this is a somewhat strange mode. I think this might be related to gps set to off in Parking Mode.
Firmware is the latest 1.3, but I think I saw this on previous versions too. Connected via a kit with two cables (one to battery and one to acc).
Any idea what's going on? I turn off gps in Parking Mode to save battery.
Thanks

Sometimes after stops, my A229 Pro seems to be staying in a sort of parking mode. Recording is at a low bitrate, 3 channels are recording, gps is on a high sensitivity. These are my Parking Mode settings. The difference being the buttons are lit like in normal mode except the gps one is off. According to my settings in Parking Mode only the power button is lit, and I do normally see this.
So this is a somewhat strange mode. I think this might be related to gps set to off in Parking Mode.
Firmware is the latest 1.3, but I think I saw this on previous versions too. Connected via a kit with two cables (one to battery and one to acc).
Any idea what's going on? I turn off gps in Parking Mode to save battery.
Thanks
I had this on the test firmware. There was no notification that recording had started and the DVR recorded in motion at a low bitrate.
This was not noticed in the official version 1.3.
Try this: In the parking lot, turn on the ignition, wait for the “recording has started” notification and then start the engine.
To check if this helps or not, check your notes.

Have you checked the card to confirm if the videos during this "strange mode" are kept under the parking mode files? Do you use our HK4 hardwire kit for installation?

I have a hardwiring kit and the camera usually enters the Normal and Parking modes fine. It got into that strange mode only 3-4 times, mostly after short stays, such as shopping. The most annoying thing was that in that mode it started protecting videos on each speed bump (I have high g-sensor sensitivity in Parking and low in Normal mode). The files are stored in the folder for normal mode, but they are really low bitrate, like used for parking (1 min of front cam footage is 36 Mb). Really strange. I am trying to work around the problem by using a 5 sec boot delay. If I catch it again I'll photograph what's on the screen and the lit leds, and will post. Thanks.

Caught the strange mode today, the 5 sec delay does not help. The stay was around one hour. Three pictures: with 4 led lit - Normal Mode, with 1 led lit - Parking Mode, 3 led lit (gps led is off) - the strange mode.
The screen indicates that the g-sensor sensitivity in strange mode is low, but it's actually high as it protects on every speed bump.

Attachments

• 20240623_100927_415.Pixel.jpg
    20240623_100927_415.Pixel.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240623_101116_878.Pixel.jpg
    20240623_101116_878.Pixel.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240624_202152_636.Pixel.jpg
    20240624_202152_636.Pixel.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 12
3 led lit (gps led is off) - the strange mode.
It is normal mode (not parking) but dashcam loose GPS signal - so it is disabled GPS LED and speed stamp shown using red color.
The screen indicates that the g-sensor sensitivity in strange mode is low, but it's actually high as it protects on every speed bump.
G-sensor have 2 settings - one for normal mode and another one for parking mode. According to icons in your screen you have 'G-sensor' set to 'Low Sensitivity' (1 of 3 green lines) and 'Parking G-sensor' set to 'High Sensitivity' (all 3 green lines in icon)

Everything is okay except that you stated about 1 hour period without good GPS signal.

This is what I originally thought - gps could not acquire a signal. But it's not the case. When the cam looks for a signal the central LED blinks, in my case it did not. I'll re-post what I replied to viofo support.

My settings for Normal mode: 2 channels, low g-sensor sensitivity, normal bitrate.
My settings for Parking mode: 3 channels, high g-sensor sensitivity, low bitrate, no gps (to save battery), only the power LED is lit.
Most of the time these modes work as expected.

In the "strange" mode:
-The gps is off, like for Parking, both in terms of LED and what's displayed on the video.
-The on-screen g-sensor sensitivity is low, while actual sensitivity it's high (catches each speed ramp).
-3 channels are being recorded (like for Parking).
-The folder where the videos are placed is like for Normal Mode (DCIM\Movie, but lots of videos get protected and are placed in DCIM\Movie\RO).
-The recording bitrate is low - the file size is 36-38MB - like for Parking (while in Normal mode it is 200-300Mb).
-Three LEDs are lit (like for Normal).

So it's really a mix.

Back