Stuck on "Mass Storage" blue screen on SG9663DC

Graeme

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Street Guardian SG9663DC worked great since May 2020 with a few cards being replaced, but recently it started showing a blue screen with "Mass Storage" message with a fast flickering REC button. No buttons other than power do anything in this state. When I power down the dashcam and start it up again with button or power cable, it very briefly shows the camera view, a message "Please format TF card", and then changes to the blue screen "Mass Storage' screen.

Two 128GB SanDisk Ultra cards that worked fine for years both fail the same way. I've done low level formats on both on a PC, completed long term testing on one, but still no difference.

Connecting the dashcam to a laptop with a USB cable, it does the same. If there's no card in the dashcam, it still does the same. The reset button doesn't change anything either. I'm trying the latest firmware but hoped someone here could provide other things to test or confirm the dashcam may have failed completely.

Dashcam is fine now. Installing the latest firmware worked, it prompted to format the card normally, and all is back to normal. I put in a new card, a Sandisk Max Endurance 128GB card so it's hopefully good for a couple more years.

When you are ready to spill money on a new system,,,,,, you will be blown away.
The 9663DC was not a bad camera, but OMG things have moved on.

Back