"Switch to Parking Mode" - Lukas 7900

akuaa

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been noticing that my new Lukas 7900 keeps switching to parking mode, even while on the freeway. I have reviewed the output files, and see that yes, every drive recording terminates after about 7 minutes. Is this another known issue? I don't see it anywhere else. I'm trying to disable parking mode now, but that seems like a useful feature.

If my memory serve me right the Lukas cams record files 3 minutes long, and there is no changing that in the software ( at least not for my LK-7500 )

Parking mode is only usefull if where it is plugged in have power while parked, or you have done a permant wirering of it, otherwise it just power down when you turn off the car. ( little display on back write good bye if its shutting down )
But it do sound funny that it do stuff while driving down the freeway, it might be the plug comming loose in the ciggy socket, i had my Lk-7500 do that, but it just stopped recording. ( proberly as i have parking mode disabled )

What firmware are you using ? ac31 is the latest one for your camera if its the old regular one, and oa31 if you have the 7900 ARA model.

Yes, I have 3 files out of an hour long drive: 2 3-minute, and 1 1-minute files. That does not add up to an hour. It's not that it has shut down, because it says something else when it shuts down because of loss of power.

I did update the firmware to the 31 version.

Have you tried disabling parking mode in the Lukas software?

I did, but it would be nice to have parking mode working as normal...

Yes, I have 3 files out of an hour long drive: 2 3-minute, and 1 1-minute files. That does not add up to an hour. It's not that it has shut down, because it says something else when it shuts down because of loss of power.

I did update the firmware to the 31 version.

You've checked in all of the folders (Always/Event/Parking) for the video files?

Even if it does switch itself to parking mode, the files should be saved into the parking folder.

The parking mode is activated when it doesn't sense movement in the car, not from turning your car off. Maybe your car is too smooth on the highway? ;)

Try re-flashing the firmware on the LK7900. You can find the files on the official Lukas website.

Kelvin

Does it use GPS? Could it be that the GPS is not activating?

Since turning off the parking mode, it isn't happening anymore - clearly. Because it doesn't have a parking mode to switch to anymore :p

It uses the accelerometer to determine if the car is moving.

If you don't have it hardwired, then there is no point of having parking mode on, unless your lighter socket is an always on power source.

Kelvin

I have an always on lighter, and it's definitely making a dinging noise when I hit potholes, so I think the accelerometer is working fine. Maybe the car is just too smooth while driving! Bizarre.

The dinging noise is the G-Sensor being set off. It's saving those as Events in the Events folder on your SD card.

When it changes to Parking Mode, the dash cam will say "Switching to Parking Mode Recording".

Kelvin

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D LK-7900 5
M LK-7900 9
Back