Switching Recording Mode causes U1000 to freeze/lock. Need help to gain back access to the unit!

Chockles

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Dash Cam
U1000 Front and Back Dashcam -Cellink Neo8+ -Cellink NeoExt
Hey All,

Not sure if anyone had this issue before. Currently, the dashcam is using the latest firmware update 1.00.16.

With the dashcam powered on, I used the Cloud app on my mobile to switch the 'Recording Mode' from energy-saving mode to time-lapse ( I don't think it matters which mode you change from/to) and a pop-up message appears, which seems normal.
However, after accepting the message, there were no visual/audio indications in the app or dashcam to confirm the change. The obvious thing would be to go back into the menus and check the settings, which everything looks fine and changes were confirmed.

Now, this is where the strange thing starts to happen. I turn the engine off and back of my mind, I'm thinking we are in time-lapse parking mode. Usually, I would wait for the female voiceover to play from the dashcam to ensure the parking mode is enabled. However, nothing came out from the device. Silence.

I tried reconnecting to the dashcam through the app, but none of the buttons on the dashcam works. Pressing WIFI button does nothing. Pressing POWER button does nothing. It looks as though it crashed and stuck. The POWER LED red light is still on though but I am unable to access the dashcam at all. I have tried pulling the power cable out and plugging it back in. Power goes through but I'm still unable to access the unit.

This is the second time it has happened, but it's stuck this time. I hope I haven't bricked the unit or something like that.

The first time this happened, I was able to gain access back to the unit, but I'm not sure what happened and thought it was a one-off glitch or something.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me here. I'm not even sure if the dashcam is recording at all at this point.
Hoping its not a new firmware issue.
Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:-

Removed the memory card from the dashcam > dashcam 'came alive' again with GPS connected and insert memory card voice messages played out.
Then proceed to format the memory card on PC > re-inserted back into dashcam > reformat again by holding MIC button for 3 seconds.

Now everything is back to normal.

Conclusion:-
Either switching parking modes causes the dashcam to freeze, or lock up the memory card.
(Currently using the Sandisk Extreme Pro 512GB memory card < Not sure if it's to do with this at all)

Will try and test the whole process again with the original Thinkware 64GB memory card later on and see if the system/memory card locks up.

Hopefully, this helps someone in the future ^^^

Back