TaoTronics® TT-CD01 - What Is It?

vibeone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have any information on this:

TaoTronics® TT-CD01

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B0056WFPCK
Caught my attention because it seems properly branded, and 'fufilled by amazon'. What is it a fake of? It's clearly not HD, but the footage doesn't look as bad as some of the fake-HD cams I've seen.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
The casing on the camera looks like a DVR-037s Camera number 3 on this page. Fellow forum user rjgscotland also has The HD version of it without the IR lights in front. The DVR-007 as seen a few posts down or here.

Also just because it is fulfilled by amazon does not mean it can not be a knock off. Amazon US is selling a knock off DVR-027 that the Product Description claims is HD but is not and some of the sellers are Amazon fulfilled.

Hopefully someone else can help you out with that specific one you posted but i have never herd of that brand or seen that box before myself.

Edit: Now that i am looking at your other thread I guess you know most of what i said already, but as mentioned earlier a fulfilled by amazon camera can still be a knock off.

I'm not a fan of using the word Fake because it can record video. It won't look great, the audio may or may not work because of the cheaper parts that are of poor quality people may use fake in the way as Faked you or Fooled you into believing it was the real thing, but when i think fake i think like plastic food or something.

CheckYourLights said:
The casing on the camera looks like a DVR-037s Camera number 3 on this page. Fellow forum user rjgscotland also has The HD version of it without the IR lights in front. The DVR-007 as seen a few posts down or here.

Also just because it is fulfilled by amazon does not mean it can not be a knock off. Amazon US is selling a knock off DVR-027 that the Product Description claims is HD but is not and some of the sellers are Amazon fulfilled.

Hopefully someone else can help you out with that specific one you posted but i have never herd of that brand or seen that box before myself.

Edit: Now that i am looking at your other thread I guess you know most of what i said already, but as mentioned earlier a fulfilled by amazon camera can still be a knock off.

I'm not a fan of using the word Fake because it can record video. It won't look great, the audio may or may not work because of the cheaper parts that are of poor quality people may use fake in the way as Faked you or Fooled you into believing it was the real thing, but when i think fake i think like plastic food or something.

Agree with everything you say really. I am tempted to buy it for a rear facing camera, where quality is less of an issue for me. I posted just because there doesn't seem to be much info about it.

BTW, aware of 'fufilled by amazon' not being a safety net, but (At least in the UK)... fufilled by amazon means its amazon prime enabled, meaning next day delivery for me. That was why it interested me.

Also agree re: fake being the wrong word!

vibeone said:
Agree with everything you say really. I am tempted to buy it for a rear facing camera, where quality is less of an issue for me. .

I'm not good with currency conversion and import tax type things outside of using google so i am not sure how expensive it would be to get one from China off Ebay for you, but arn't front plates required in the UK? If it were me personaly I would try to get one in HD if it is only a little more price wise just in case forbid it did ever happen but you got rear ended and the person did try to make off you would have a better chance at having their front plate on camera.

CheckYourLights is right. This is the DVR-037, which is SD quality (480p). It is disappointing quality so it is better to avoid.

Back