Taxi style. Worst drivers you will ever see.

PeterT

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Dash Cam
Cobra CDR 840, and sometimes iPhone 5s with car cam app
Here are some clips of SA taxi drivers. They are by far the worst drivers I have ever seen in all the countries I've been too. These guys take the cake.

Wow that's pretty bad. Especially that first one! Absolutely no regard to the safety of others. Thanks for sharing.

Wow that's pretty bad. Especially that first one! Absolutely no regard to the safety of others. Thanks for sharing.
I make me so mad, these carry circa 30 passengers per trip so when they crash which is often, injuries and fatalities are huge.

I make me so mad, these carry circa 30 passengers per trip so when they crash which is often, injuries and fatalities are huge.
Crazy! Back in 1997 I went on a Caribbean cruise with my mom and we took a taxi van with a group of people on the of island St. Lucia. The driver was flying up these winding roads when the physical limits of the van. When we got to the top of a hill, the driver let us lol of to sight see. He had the the wheel turned full lock to the left. I looked down at the front passenger tire and the steel cable was clearly visible on the tire. I was happy that we made it back to port safely.

How does a van of that size carry 30 passengers at once??? :eek::eek::eek:

Like this:

africa-overloaded-passengers-truck_3023038k.jpg

Crazy! Back in 1997 I went on a Caribbean cruise with my mom and we took a taxi van with a group of people on the of island St. Lucia. The driver was flying up these winding roads when the physical limits of the van. When we got to the top of a hill, the driver let us lol of to sight see. He had the the wheel turned full lock to the left. I looked down at the front passenger tire and the steel cable was clearly visible on the tire. I was happy that we made it back to port safely.

Sounds about right for here ! LOL! I have seen taxi drivers here using vice grips for a steering wheel so they can fit 5 people on the front bench seat!

they sit on each other laps, and I wish I was joking.

Like this:

africa-overloaded-passengers-truck_3023038k.jpg

Hehehehe yup thats about right!

they sit on each other laps,...
Hey, it works. I remember many, many years ago I had 8 people in my 60's era VW Beetle - 3 in front, 5 in back - for about a 10 mile trip.

They guys didn't mind at all. ;)

Hey, it works. I remember many, many years ago I had 8 people in my 60's era VW Beetle - 3 in front, 5 in back - for about a 10 mile trip.

They guys didn't mind at all. ;)
Yeah but I bet it wasn't through rush hour traffic cutting people up and just being a twit! Like these taxis do!

Those taxis take the expression "people carrier" to a whole new level! :eek:

Yeah but I bet it wasn't through rush hour traffic cutting people up and just being a twit! Like these taxis do!
It wasn't. My comment was not about the driving (which was horrendous) but about the 'people packing'. :D

Those taxis take the expression "people carrier" to a whole new level! :eek:

For sure LOL! they are actually putting their passengers at risk but they still do it.

Obviously working on a solution for mass transit :p

Yeah, they seriously know how to pack for mass effect! sheesh!

Back