Test Clips GitUp G3 Duo, with Optional Slave Cam and GPS Logger

bobflyman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just made a quick preview video test of the new GitUp G3 duo, with the optional slave camera and external mike. (It also has an optional GPS logger.) My full test with lots of clips will be out in a few days. The Duo can record two video streams at the same time when the optional slave camera is connected. It records 1080 60fps single video, but in 1080 30 fps when 2 cameras are connected. Video quality is very good. EIS stabilised too. There's a split screen motorbike clip in my test (I did split screen views in my edit) but I think there are some creative opportunities for video makers here. The slave is on a 3m long lead so there's potential to mount that camera above you in the risers. Below you, or on a selfie (I hate the word) telescopic extension out front, or behind, whatever!
I've asked GitUp if they have plans for an app that will combine the streams into PIP (picture in picture) as in my video. (You can see the PIP view on the camera screen.) But as far as I know you have to do it in edit. 2 streams of video does mean you can show two different views though. e.g. switch between videos when you make a video. My test clip is at 4m 03s
I tested the external mike by motorcycle vlogging. Good on a motorbike or small car front and rear view dashcam? 3 mtr lead on the slave.

camera details here.
slave cam here

Back