The camera is in use/cannot start this function

Bakulm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed 2x days ago. I cannot download the videos to my device using the WiFi app. It says failed to download. If I try to view it it says the camera is in use/cannot start this function.

Troubleshooted BlackVue - says i am trying too many things simultaneously. BlackVue says I am probably using the app and cloud at the same time. But I either try to download or watch. I don’t use the Cloud.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Is the camera set up to connect to the cloud? Such as perhaps you have it set to connect to your home WiFi? The camera will connect to the cloud WiFi hotspot(s) you have set up, and if it can it will log into the cloud server. It doesn't matter if you're using it or not, it'll still connect.
When that happens, and you also connect directly to the camera via your device app, it'll allow the WiFi to connect, but the app won't be able to log in.

If you have no intention of using the cloud viewer at all, remove the WiFi hotspot settings entirely (you should be able to blank them out), but leave the base WiFi enabled. That may solve your problem.

Thanks very much. That's very helpful. I have read the manual but it's lacking in detail. Seems to cover the basics, whereas I like a little more info :- )

Back