The restarting has begun with my camera now...

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
Yesterday the temperature was 17 degrees and it's winter, the camera rebooted twice in the space of 10 minutes. The camera rebooted 4 times today and it's slightly warmer 19 degrees.

I'm using a blackvue MicroSD card and the camera was purchased from a reputable store called dashcam Australia. The MicroSD card is formatted manually every 2 weeks and it's using latest firmware.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

might be time to move the Thredbo :(
I'm hoping I can get a refund... Problem is its intermittent and it might take them weeks to replicate it.

I'm hoping I can get a refund... Problem is its intermittent and it might take them weeks to replicate it.

shouldn't take weeks, first bit of warm weather should do it

Edit: typo, meant shouldn't

Last edited:
should take weeks, first bit of warm weather should do it
Hoping they can swap it for a thinkware

I have not had any issues that I am aware of and roughly the same temps as the OP posted. I will consider myself lucky.

This is the card I am using .. Transcend 64 GB

The thinkwares and pretty much all of the dashcams have the same overheating issue.
I had a F800 2ch prior to the current BV900 2ch.
The difference is that the 900 sends you a notification and lets you know. It also shuts down and restarts in a reliable manner. The F800 would get stock most of the time that it overheated.
My first BV 900 I had to exchange because it was doing it too often.
The current one. I’m running it at 4K with 264.
After the 1004 update. Haven’t tried 265 yet.
Weather here in California.. has gotten up to 110F and a couple of times I got the message that it might shut down.. but it didn’t.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 5
S DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 4
Back