The video at 30 fps is not fluent

Adeses

Reaction score
Country
Spain
My English is very bad. Google translate is my friend.

I have a Xiaomi Yi II 4K Z16V13L and video at 1080 30fps are not fluent. There is little jerks that make not entirely fluid. Also it happens, though less, with the videos 4k. The videos at 1080 60 fps look very good.
The videos that I shoot 1080 120fps are with lower quality than the same videos at 60 fps
My card is a Samsung 32Gb PRO. Read speed up to 90 MB/S and Write speed up to 80 MB/S.
I have a friend with the same camera and the same thing happens

It happens to someone else?

Thank you

Thats normal! 30 fps means 30 Images per second while recording a Video. Fast moves could not record fluently perhaps. so u have to use the 60 fps mode :)

I make videos with my mobile phone at 30 fps and with other devices and are much more fluid than with the camera. I know that recording at 30 fps is not as smooth as 60 fps but should be more fluid than is now.

My English is very bad. Google translate is my friend.

I have a Xiaomi Yi II 4K Z16V13L and video at 1080 30fps are not fluent. There is little jerks that make not entirely fluid. Also it happens, though less, with the videos 4k. The videos at 1080 60 fps look very good.
The videos that I shoot 1080 120fps are with lower quality than the same videos at 60 fps
My card is a Samsung 32Gb PRO. Read speed up to 90 MB/S and Write speed up to 80 MB/S.
I have a friend with the same camera and the same thing happens

It happens to someone else?

Thank you
More likely the software player or PC specs are not suitable ?

My Pc:

-Placa base Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H micro ATX
-Microprocesador Intel i7-4790
-Ventilador de CPU Noctua NH-U9B SE2
-Memoria Crucial Ballistix Sport. 16Gb (2x8Gb)
-Tarjeta Grafica Asus GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5
-SSD Crucial MX100 126gb (2 Unidades para hacer dual boot)
-Disco Duro Seagate Desktop 7200.14 2TB SATA3 64MB
-Monitor Dell U2515H 25" 2560x1440
-Torre BitFenix Prodigy M Blanca
-Fuente de alimentacion be quiet! Pure Power L8-600W

it happens in 4K to me... i thought that 4K + downsampling to 1080p could be a good option but my head hurts when i watch how not fluent is the video... perhaps it's my monitor, i don't know.
i'm seriously thinking to go for 1080p 60fps to see what's better

it happens in 4K to me... i thought that 4K + downsampling to 1080p could be a good option but my head hurts when i watch how not fluent is the video... perhaps it's my monitor, i don't know.
i'm seriously thinking to go for 1080p 60fps to see what's better

1080 60 fps is perfect in my camera and my friend's camera
1080 30 fps NO
1080 120 fps NO
4K NO

If the pc's playback specs are OK, then it's most likely down to the shutter speed. I take it the video was recorded in very bright light? If so the shutter speed will be fast which means there will be gaps between each recorded frame. (video is just a series of highly compressed stills). If you're recording fast movement, then the distance an object will travel in the gaps between each frame of the video will be noticeable and thus the playback will seem to jump from frame to frame. In lower light where the shutter speed is longer, or where there's no fast movement, then the issue won't exist as the gaps will either be smaller or simply unnoticeable given the lack of fast movement.

A bit of an explanation and video demonstration here of the concept of frame rate vs shutter speed:

https://vimeo.com/blog/post/frame-rate-vs-shutter-speed-setting-the-record-str

Back