Theft protection?

unpaidbill

Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you protect your camera against it being stolen? When I travel and use my GPS, it's on a beanbag mount and I put it on the floor when we stop...it's pretty 'invisible' there. I've heard of people looking for the telltale rings that suction devices leave on the windshield and assume there's a GPS inside. Is this a big problem with the dashcams?

Depending on where you live, a dash cam could be a theft target. You really have 2 options: Remove the camera when you leave the car or buy a discrete camera. Tinted windows makes the camera less noticeable as well.

Some cars have a blue like tint to the top to reduce glare that you could hide the suction cup in. You could buy a glare strip that is kind of like a windscreen banner that you apply to the top above the AS-1 line and would hide the suction cup. If there is a dot matrix you could hide the cup there. If you have a truck and do not mind the look you could install what people call a sun visor or moon visor
ppzjs.jpg

a fellow forum member has put electrical tape over the IR lights on his DVR so the do not stand out as well.

Back