Thinkware bab 95 battery.

Xrp67

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the ivolt minI bab 50 battery at the moment, would I get a longer parking mode recording time if I installed the newer Thinkware bab 95 battery. Has anybody any real life experiences of the bab 95 battery please.

Yes you would get more time from the Newer BAB unit. The original was 4500mah, the newer one is 7500mah. I still have the Mini in my own car so i cant comment on real life i'm afraid! (it's not a straight Swap to change from Mini to the new one, the wiring does need changing)

Many thanks
Steve

Ok thanks, I didn’t realise the wiring had to be changed. It mentions on the Thinkware website that you can piggyback batteries, so does that mean I can run the new one along with my old one ?

I wouldn't recommend that, same types of iVolt can be linked but not different models of it.

So would I be better off getting another i volt bab 50 and doubling them up do you think ?

For sure yes! It's in the manual how to link them but i have attached an image also.

Attachments

• Daisy Chaining.jpg
    Daisy Chaining.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 13
Sorry for all the questions, just to be clear , doubling up the batteries would give me twice as much run time as 2 batteries are being charged at once ?

As good as double yes, obviously the one you have may have degraded slightly in the time it's been owned but i doubt by much. My one is 4 years old now and i can't see any obvious difference in the running time now compared to being brand new!

Back