Thinkware Dashcam Viewer Problem

On the "map" in the top right corner there is an icon (looks like a pile of papers) from which you can select different types of maps. Not all the choices will display things.. "Street view" is the choice that works for me. (I do not have a Thinkview camera though so this response may have nothing to do with the OP's problem)

To use Registration Viewer with F770 files you need to:
- Untick Playback > Splitters > Use internal MOV/MP4 splitter. Tick Use Preinstalled.
- Set both Decoders > Never.
- Set Renderer > EVR
- Apply Google maps fix (see link in my signature)

It is not 100% compatible with F770 files, the audio will be garbled if you export clip fragments and the playback between files wont be as seamless because it will be relying on the K-Lite splitter.

Thank you for your suggestions on settings in Registrator Viewer for playing back Thinkware clips, I did not read your last setting about applying google maps fix, but works perfectly without the fix perhaps you could explain what the fix does, as its working perfectly including maps, I don't want to risk losing the setup unless on your advise I should apply the google map fix, but thanks again for your help.

Its a shame Registrator viewer does not play back dual camera clips like the Thinkware viewer does, or if it does I have not found the setting to playback front and rear cameras together

Perhaps you could explain what the fix does, as its working perfectly including maps, I don't want to risk losing the setup unless on your advise I should apply the google map fix, but thanks again for your help.

You don't need to apply the fix unless Google maps stops loading. You can also just change the maps to Open maps.

The sole creator of RV passed away a few years back so development has stopped. Google has since update its code which stopped the maps in RV from loading.

Last edited:
You don't need to apply the fix unless Google maps stops loading. You can also just change the maps to Open maps.

The sole creator of RV passed away a few years back so development has stopped. Google has since update its code which stopped the maps in RV from loading.

Thanks flip9 the regisration viewer works perfectly running some of the other map options, I have applied the google map fix and I have found as soon as clips are loaded I get a warning a error has occured in the script of this page, do you want to continue yes or no, when attempting to play back a clip google map knows the location of the clip and the map moves as clip is played but there is no arrow or track to see.

From trying the two different software programs my windows 7 pc does not work correctly with Restration viewer or Thinkware viewer which is associated with google maps, in Registration viewer if I select a different map it plays perfectly with the map tracking correctly. whilst I dont mind using one of the other map options as this works good, I wonder if you or any others could offer any explanation what is the likely cause of this google map error both programs see !

It has just occurred to me I have the no scripts plugin running in firefox could this be the culprit !

Restration viewer or Thinkware viewer which is associated with google maps, in Registration viewer if I select a different map it plays perfectly with the map tracking correctly

Sounds like you have an IE plugin thats blocking google maps or javascript from running. Try resetting IE back to default settings.

Also check there is no block in your Hosts file or DNS server.

Sounds like you have an IE plugin thats blocking google maps or javascript from running. Try resetting IE back to default settings.

Also check there is no block in your Hosts file or DNS server.

Thanks for your help I dont use internet explorer plugin, I only use firefox as a browser and it has the No Script plugin which I can select which to allow when using the browser, as far as checking there is no block in my Host file I would not know what to look for, I know how to find the Host file and edit them but just dont know what I'm looking for and the DNS server I would not have a clue, if you or any other IT person could offer any guidance it would be most appreciated.

Did you download Registration Viewer from the link in my thread? You need to run that version.

Your security software might have installed an IE plug-in so make sure you disable all plug-ins in IE. Registration Viewer uses IE to load google maps.

Go into the command prompt and type in 'ping maps.googleapis.com' and see if you get a reply.

If you don't then do a text search of your hosts file for the entry 'googleapis.com'

flip9 - I have tried your suggestion going into the command promt and ping maps.googleapis.com and got no reply, I also done a text search in the host file and found no entry for googleapis.com.

flip9 - I have tried your suggestion going into the command promt and ping maps.googleapis.com and got no reply, I also done a text search in the host file and found no entry for googleapis.com.

then something is blocking it, you won't get map detail if your computer can't pull the data in

Another thing you can try is going into your Network adapters IPv4 settings and changing the preferred DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS)

After you've changed it, go into the command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns

Another thing you can try is going into your Network adapters IPv4 settings and changing the preferred DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS)

After you've changed it, go into the command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns

Thanks I will give this a go when I get back from my holidays/vacation.

Just came across this after recently getting an F770. I have the same issue in that now maps are available for the recordings with Thinkwares own PC Viewer. All is there if I use Dashcam viewer software linked in post #11. has anyone got the Thinkware software to work yet?
Andi.

I have heard bitdefender anti virus can block the maps on the Thinkware Viewer, there may be others too........

Having the same problem - maps won't show in thinkware dash cam pc viewer v1.4.3.01 for my F750 on windows 7.

Thanks egonvdv! I tested the vids in the DashcamViewerWin_v2.7.3 as you suggested to see if the gps data was being written from the box to the card. And they are! At least the dash cam seems to be working properly. Why isn't the thinkware windows application not displaying map data?

Last edited:
Back