Thinkware F800 Issues

bryanviper

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I know of two people that are having issues with the Thinkware F800. The problem is that during parking mode it seems to only record once in a while. We have changed the sensitivity setting however it did not resolve the issue & looked over everything else but it all looks normal

Last night my cousins car was broken into and it caught the people walking up and down the street once BUT when they actually smashed the glass and damaged the door to get into the car it did not record any of that. I know somebody else who has a similar issue with the same camera where it records randomly in parking mode but not all the time and seems to miss important events.

Has anybody with this camera noticed this issue before? If so how did you resolve it?

What parking mode feature do you have selected?

Motion should be capturing what you described. You're sure the files of the break-in isn't in the incident recording folder?

Looking at the last (in terms of timestamp) video file recorded in parking mode, what is the voltage level reading at? You can find that in the bottom left corner of the footage.

I know of two people that are having issues with the Thinkware F800. The problem is that during parking mode it seems to only record once in a while. We have changed the sensitivity setting however it did not resolve the issue & looked over everything else but it all looks normal

Last night my cousins car was broken into and it caught the people walking up and down the street once BUT when they actually smashed the glass and damaged the door to get into the car it did not record any of that. I know somebody else who has a similar issue with the same camera where it records randomly in parking mode but not all the time and seems to miss important events.

Has anybody with this camera noticed this issue before? If so how did you resolve it?

Yes, I was trying to provide footage for a littering crime perpetrated by some bleep-hole who stopped down the street from my parked vehicle, opened his door and emptied a pile of empty beer cans, wine bottles and left overs from the local McDee’s before cruising off haughtily.

I was shocked to discover it caught him drive past my vehicle, but didn’t record him dumping his ****. I really wanted him HEAVILY FINED.

My F800 Pro was set to “Motion Detection Parking Mode” or similar.

I immediately reset it to permanent NON-STOP parking recording. Now, if a criminal snail crosses the road in front of or behind my car - I can pull up the surveillance footage!

Realistically, my vehicle is now the local snitch, and is watching over several cars and houses, including my own.

I need reliable 24/7 Surveillance in operation!

I’d say the motion detection parking mode can be....often extremely disappointing under certain non direct owner vehicle related circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back