Thinkware FA200 won't connect to WiFi

LexusES

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I recently had to change the battery in the car. Ever since then I cannot get my iPhone8 to connect with the dashcam to adjust/change settings and have to pull the micro SD card and insert in the computer to download files. Here is what happens: 1) turn on ignition (the dashcam first reports "connected"). 2) Turn on the Thinkware "Link" app on the phone and follow the prompts to connect. 3) press the Wifi button on the dashcam. 4) when prompted, go to the phone and connect to the Thinkware WiFi link. 4) the check mark appears beside the Wifi "Thinkware" link but A) the Wifi symbol on the phone never comes on and B) the blue wifi light on the camera continues to blink and C) the App continues to indicate that a "Wifi Connection required". I wrestled for about 2 hours yesterday with Thinkware Support on "chat" to try to resolve the issue but no joy. Any ideas/suggestions?

OK, I solved the issue myself. Thinkware have changed their APP and it is now called "Thinkware DashCamLink". When you install it (at least on an iPhone), it also installs a switch on the Privacy page that you have to turn "ON" to enable a wifi connection between the phone App and the camera. You can find that switch in "Settings" "Privacy" "Local Network". Note...this is specific to iPhone... Have advised Thinkware that they need to update their instructions.

Back