thinkware hardwire kit

astigto

Reaction score
Country
United States
not sure if this has been asked somewhere. the thinkware hardwire kit has 3 wires for the input (ACC, BATT which is always ON, and GND) and the plug which goes to the unit has only 2 (+ and GND). how does the dashcam sense when ACC is ON and off if the plug to unit has only one for positive terminal?

I just picked up an F800 pro. It came with the cigarette adapter but I’d like to hard wire it into my Prius’ powered rear view mirror. There is ACC and constant 12v available there and reports of people tapping this without issues of blowing the fuse.

Does the cigarette adapter cable have the three wires inside the sleeve that are necessary for constant and switched power? I’d like to solder my own 12v to 5v step down and avoid buying the $30 cable kit.

If not, can anyone provide info about the power plug dimensions so I could order one from eBay to build my own cord?

Does the cigarette adapter cable have the three wires inside the sleeve that are necessary for constant and switched power? I’d like to solder my own 12v to 5v step down and avoid buying the $30 cable kit.
there is no step down

Ah, yes, it’s just fuses. I see no matching barrel connector on any of the electronics websites I’ve checked. Looks like they used a proprietary fitting to force a $30 cable purchase. Not a great way to build brand loyalty from me.

Back