Thinkware ivolt battery.

Xrp67

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, if I put a battery charger on the charging points under the bonnet (BMW) to charge my car battery , will it charge the dash cam external battery as well or just the car battery?

Hi, if I put a battery charger on the charging points under the bonnet (BMW) to charge my car battery , will it charge the dash cam external battery as well or just the car battery?
It should only charge your vehicle's battery and not the Thinkware iVolt battery.

The Thinkware iVolt Mini BAB-50 battery pack's charging cable is connected to switched/accessory power and will only charge the iVolt Mini battery pack when the vehicle is on/running and providing charging power to the iVolt Mini.

The Thinkware iVolt Xtra BAB-95 (their recent release) does have the iVolt Xtra's charging cable connected to constant battery power and of course ground, but there is an "ACC IN" (Green) wire in the "Output" cable that is the governing factor on when the iVolt Xtra is charging or not. The "ACC IN" wire is connected to a switched/accessory power source via a fuse tap. When there is no power provided to the "ACC IN" wire, the iVolt Xtra will not draw charging power for the iVolt Xtra battery pack. When power is provided to the "ACC IN" wire, the iVolt Xtra starts drawing power and power is also feed out to the dash camera via the "ACC OUT" wire which is one of the three typical wires spliced together with the dash camera's 3-wire hardwiring kit.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Back