Thinkware vs BlackVue

RDM

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello all. Am new to this forum so any/all opinions would be appreciated. I recently purchased a Thinkware QA100 Elite Front and Rear Dashcam set and have noticed that the Live Feed from the rear dashcam has a reverse 180* orientation when viewing on my smartphone. When you download the actual video, the orientation is normal. Have discussed this with Thinkware Customer Support and their reasoning is that they do not want purchasers using the rear dashcam as a backup camera. My reasoning is that if I notice a vehicle coming up behind me at speed, I want to know which way to turn to avoid an impact and with the rear dashcam live feed I would end up turning the wrong way and involve myself in an accident. Therefore, am considering changing the Thinkware QA100 Elite for a BlackVue front and rear dashcam set. Any opinions/recommendations? Thanks to everyone who responds.

If you want a rear view camera, why not get one that replaces your RVM? That way you don't have to putz around with phones and connecting via apps. I'd also expect the latency to lower given that it's wired instead of wireless which is important when you need to react immediately.

Hello Vortex Radar. Thanks for your response. Have looked at the price of the good RVM dash cams on Amazon and they are quite pricey. Can you recommend a good brand to consider that I can discuss with my installer?

Hello Vortex Radar. Thanks for your response. Have looked at the price of the good RVM dash cams on Amazon and they are quite pricey. Can you recommend a good brand to consider that I can discuss with my installer?
I’ve looked at a bunch, but based on specs and reviews, I haven’t found one yet that I like.

Back