Thinkware vs Blackvue

rfz

Reaction score
Country
United States
First time prospective owner here. T-boned after someone ran a red light, and my saving grace was the handful of witnesses who stayed behind to share statements.

Torn between Blackvue DR970X-2ch and Thinkware U1000 or U3000 for my Rav4 Prime. Vehicle is parked in a somewhat busy parking lot for 8-9 hours a day, during which time I don't have access to a phone, so I won't be able to see real-time notifications on impact, which would otherwise be helpful. That said, I don't know that cloud features are too helpful for my use case here, but I could be wrong. I've got radar detectors hardwired to all of my vehicles, so the parking mode functionality would be where I really see benefit from the RADAR on the Thinkware units (external for U1000 or integrated for U3000).

Aiming for the most minimal footprint, and it'll be connected to an external battery. What is my best option here? I like the footprint of the DR970X box cams, as well as the U1000 over the U3000, but I don't want to miss out on vital features or get something that is soon to be considered obsolete. I prefer futureproofing, but I don't mind getting something older if it's tried and true, and still provides the functionality I need.

Any insight would be super helpful. Thank you!

Back