Third party rear cam for 512 gw

Auld Reekie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone tried fitting a different brand of dash cam for example a mini 0809 etc, not nextbase to the rear cam socket on the next Base 512 gw and got it to work OK as a rear cam?

Warranty problems probably not a concern now as mine will soon be up, it doesn't look as though next Base are going to keep to their April deadline either.

Last edited:
Hello @Auld Reekie

This would't work unfortunately, the rear cam port is designed for one particular camera only.

You can of course mount any camera you like in the rear separately.

Hello @Auld Reekie

This would't work unfortunately, the rear cam port is designed for one particular camera only.

You can of course mount any camera you like in the rear separately.

Nextbase can of course release a rear camera that is actually compatible with the 512GW, that would also work :rolleyes:

I've been waiting for a rear camera since mid-June 2017 for this camera; I was told on the phone by Nextbase shortly before purchasing it from Argos that the rear camera would be available in October 2017.

Here we are mid-April 2018 and still nothing. Disgraceful and shameful as far as I'm concerned.

Even Halfords managed to launch their own version of dual dash cameras before you did Nextbase, well done.

Back