This is how I use my Blackvue

Andy Moore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following my previous posts, this is now how I use my Blackvue (Using V1.9 along with the old style Cellink B without a switch):-

- Get in car (turn ON Cellink B via a switch I put into circuit)
- Drive to work - circa 25 mins
- Park up car leaving Motion Detection ON & G Sensor on quite low
- Drive car home after circa 7.5 hrs (camera still working)
- Turn Cellink B OFF overnight (car is outside my house)

- Do the odd other run in car with the cameras on

Yes, car is recording virtually all day but shouldnt cause an issue as I use one of the new Sandisk ? Endurance cards 64Gb designed for CarCams etc etc. I now don't really see the need to turn my motion detection off in parking mode with the new Endurance card.

I never seem to need to charge the Cellink B at all - obviously the odd decent run does that. It's virtually a plug & play system. I understand the newer Cellink B's now have a switch built in along with other better features. I have only praise for my Cellink B - does a great job

It's a great solution & definitely would catch someone damaging my car (although not at night)

Does the 25 min drive home charge the Cellink B 100%?
I have my Cellink B v2 on a UPS plane on its way to Sweden.
Im really excited to test how it works, have only heard positive things about it.
I have 1h driving time to my job. We have our parking on the job CCTV surveillance so my plan is not to use it there, but only when I leave it in public places. Which occurs almost every day (1 to 2 hours).
At home I have a private garage with video surveillance.
Will take pictures of the installation and write a review when I've got everything installed :).

Does the 25 min drive home charge the Cellink B 100%?

No, not possible but clearly goes a decent way towards it.

You should be fine with a 1hr drive to work !

Have received home Cellink B6 V2 and can say I am really impressed by the performance and quality. Have not had any problems whatsoever. Connected it carelessly in the car now directly into cigarette lighter socket, waiting to get home my two SGZC12RC-V2 :). Will then hardwire it and put it away so that no cables are visible. Will at the same time do both reviews on SGZC12RC and Cellink B6 V2 and post it there.

I have one question for you @Andy Moore: Can I damage the Cellink if it's on 24/7 though my cameras are turned off? (The Cellink is on but the cameras is off becouse i have Cigarette Lighter Splitter with Individual Switch that I just switch when i start the car and my minis starts)

No, the Cellink will have a BMS (Battery Management System) which should protect it

Back