This season of merriment

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
also a time of learning, so here is a little from the Zany Danes.

This is a old and popular Christmas song made by what was once one of the biggest rock bands here named Gasolin ( song not on any of their albums, all from the 70ties )

First part, not that big of a deal.

The street is so pretty with its Christmas decorations
Remind me of a dream
I had last time i was born.

Now its finally Christmas, Christmas again

Second part get a bit more interesting.

The Jesus child from Bethlehem
Was perceived as a psychopath
Today is his birthday

Third part are back in the groove.

Days with song, Days with peace
And time for love, And Christmas candles from last year

And then its finally Christmas, Christmas again
And then its finally Christmas, Christmas again

Fourth and last part also pretty normal.

There is a child, praying to god
In Beautiful - simplicity
Meanwhile i carry the tree out
So it was finally Christmas again, Christmas again.
So it was finally Christmas again, and so it became Christmas yet again.

The song by Gasolin.

So ? Any of you have any interesting or funny Christmas songs, maybe not like Danes calling Jesus a psychopath.

Last edited:
Of course there is also the national treasure of " The Julekalder "
These are some US elves that go to Denmark to retrieve some important documents for Santa as i recall, but they crash here and among all things have to fabricate a new propeller for their plane.

Thats why the language in the show is part English / part Danish, all mashed up, CUZ as we all know Santa Claus are Danish and live on Greenland.

Of course if you are a grade #1 X-mas freak, you attend the annual Christmas concerts with the DNSO.

The Pretty Maids with A Merry Jingle. The original is by The Greedies, a collaboration between Thin Lizzy and The Sex Pistols, but this version is cooler, plus The Pretty Maids is a Danish band so it is kamkar-approved.

Pretty maids though from Horsens town, one of the guys cousin or something played in that band, so have partied hard with the maids at a young age.
So as i was 20 in 1986 and the album red hot and heavy came out in 1984, fortunately i was a seasoned drinker already in 1982,,,,,, like all Danish kids was / is.

Another of the guys his big brother played in the punk band Lost kids from my birth town of Aarhus , i remember a hectic concert in my schools auditorium, i think first and last concert there ever.
I was a bit punk too at some time, meaning my uniform i had to store ( standing on its own ) in a storage unit in a cellar, we had great fun pissing and puking on each other, fortunately drunk at a very young age i learned to put a finger in my throat to vacate my stomach content on command :)

Aaaaa yes the good old days.

Last edited:
Another not Christmas related classic, almost our #2 national anthem here, a old classic by the band called Shu Bi Dua

Of course like Most Danish music it do not translate well to English or any other language i know off.

Versus 1.

Look at the sun rising over the car graveyard, and the milkmaid is pumping her goat.
While the ministers wife stands on her hands for her brother
And the clover field is in full flower

Corus 1
The stork is a wonderful flier.
The cow have a wonderful udder
Denmark is a wonderful country.
The harvest is growing in the meadow.
The farmer is served breakfast in bed.
The Dane is a wonderful guy.

Versus 2

There is other humans than those that are Danish
They live in caves and fight all day
Of course we never did that.
The warm countries are " poop "

Corus 1
The stork is a wonderful flier.
The cow have a wonderful udder
The harvest is growing in the meadow.
And the farmer is served breakfast in bed.
The Dane is a wonderful guy.

Instrumental pause.

Corus 2
The stork is a wonderful flier
He who say anything else is a lier
Denmark is a wonderful place to be
CUZ we got atmosphere

Clearly even in 1978 Danes had high thoughts about them self, think the southern countries is warm and " poop "

Staying with X-mas and the English language, but adding some Danish screaming guitars and falsetto singer.

I give you King Diamond,,,,,,, which i have not partied with CUZ at that time i was not yet into Metal but was a heavy rock purist.
Also as i recall he is from the cesspool area of Copenhagen, and no Jut like people from over there.
The lead guitarist of our garage band, he was quite into Merciful fate back then.

Last edited:
Of course there is also the little matter of Volbeat,,,,,, take any pick you like.
But they haven't really done a Christmas song, but i am quite merry listening to most of their tracks.

So ? Any of you have any interesting or funny Christmas songs, maybe not like Danes calling Jesus a psychopath.
This is from our local TV (no English language, they only do British) :

or staying with the heavy Xmas theme:
(Merry Xmas, and a Happy New Year)

That sound like the language i lovingly call Garlic :)

That sound like the language i lovingly call Garlic :)
It is not Gaelic, that is the group of languages the Irish, Manx and western Scottish speak, which arrived with the Celts from Austria/Switzerland via Portugal.
It is Brythonic, the group of native British languages spoken by the Welsh, Cornish and Bretons, and spoken in England before the Angles and Saxons and Jutes arrived from Denmark and close by, via Friesland.
That is Welsh.

Merry Christmas hohoho etc

RRprI1Y.jpg

Is that a Holden trying to be a Subaru ?

Is that a Holden trying to be a Subaru ?

I was mucking around with AI and that's what it produced so there could be some Subaru elements in it.
Below is a real SS commodore VF. The AI created a very similar looking car.

2016-Holden-Commodore-SS-V-Redline-VFII credit.jpg

I was mucking around with AI and that's what it produced so there could be some Subaru elements in it.
Below is a real SS commodore VF. The AI created a very similar looking car.

View attachment 70213

That car reminds me of the customized Subaru WRX STI used in the opening scene in Baby Driver which I finally got to watch just the other night. Best car chase I've seen in a long time!

That car reminds me of the customized Subaru WRX STI used in the opening scene in Baby Driver which I finally got to watch just the other night. Best car chase I've seen in a long time!

That was a pretty good movie for sure. Our Holden Commodore is an Aussie treasure, but sadly one they stopped making five or so years ago. Grunty V6 and V8s have given way to SUVs and utes.
Sad days.

Damn that's another 6 mins lost for the day getting distracted lol.

The driving scenes where awesome.

That was a pretty good movie for sure. Our Holden Commodore is an Aussie treasure, but sadly one they stopped making five or so years ago. Grunty V6 and V8s have given way to SUVs and utes.
Sad days.

Called a Pontiac G8 Gt in the US. Such an ugly front end. I loved my Holden EH wagon. Midnight blue a very subtle touch of speckled paint with chromies all round deep dish and of course mattress and dark blue curtains! Those were the days lol.

There would not be much rally worth watching if all car had that stupid foot operated P brake, and even less so if all cars was automatics.
Really a man live by the stick, and some times die by it when he get too inflated ideas about his driving skills.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alspics Off Topic 0
kamkar Off Topic 1
Screen name taken Off Topic 1
Back