ticking sound on g1wh dashcam

tropicalpalmtree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i recently brought a e-prance g1wh dashcam and you can hear a time ticking sound over the video and audio (makes an electronic ticking sound every second) , does anyone know how to get rid of this, been though all the options and nothing on there to turn it off. any ideas? thanks

Ny G1W non H had an electronic buzz and tick that could only be heard when there was no other noises were being picked up from the camera.

It might be hardware related with the mic, but you could flash another firmware first and see if it fixes it first.

can you link me to this firmware, or should i just send it back as faulty?

and i have no idea how to do the stuff on that firmware list so wont bother, do you think this is a faulty item? i wouldnt mind too much but i brought the dashcam for when i go out driving so is no use the way it is

Sounds like electrical interference. My computer speakers will make a similar sound if my cell phone is too close to them when a phone call is coming in. Have you tried it in a different vehicle and/or with a different power adapter to see if the noise persists? Do you have any other electrical devices near the camera?[/QUOTE

i think it could be but i have no idea what, last time i went out i didn't have my phone on me so not that, i've recorded out of the car just to see and the sound was still there, ill try another car but doubt it will work as its making the sound to every second that goes by on the cameras clock, should i send it back its now or never really as ive had the camera almost 2 weeks?

Back