Transcend DrivePro 220 broken - no cam view

mmm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've bought Transcend DrivePro 220 6 weeks ago.
Everything was perfect until few days ago when the picture on the display froze while I was driving... actually it wasn't just a display - it was the whole unit.

The only solution to restart was reset (hole) as even power button didn't work.
When that helped and I was able to run dash cam again.. the picture was very bad - everything I recorded had massive noise.. and then randomly normal for half a second.. and noise again.

Restarting, factory reset, running without sd nor cable plugged in did not help.
Settings screen looked okay though.

I decided I will drain the battery (keep it "ON" all the time) and check again - that helped and picture was as before.

But today it happened again almost the same - display froze, all I could do was to reset the unit (hole) but all I had when I was trying to turn on was logo for less then half a second and then black screen.
Pressing emergency button don't make any sound now, can't open any settings. I can only turn it on (black screen) and off.
When I plug it to the computer I can see normal screen that it's connected (and I have access to the files)... but that's all.

Is my camera dead?
Is there some kind of way to install the same firmware without getting to the settings (which I can't do it)?

... or should I just ask Amazon for refund?
I like this dashcam and was happy until the problems occurred.

Thank you in advance for help
Michal

Thank you :)

I'm going to post a video how it looks like currently.
Watch this space!

EDIT:

Last edited:
if you are within warranty best to get it swapped out, hardware issues don't fix themselves so it will only continue, these are normally quite good so unlikely to get another problem one I would think

... or should I just ask Amazon for refund?
I like this dashcam and was happy until the problems occurred.

Ask Amazon for a replacement 220. Better still, request an exchange for a DrivePro 200, which has a capacitor instead of a battery, so is a better long-term ownership prospect.

Back