Transcend DrivePro 220 - Buttons Locked / Not Working

popularfossil

Reaction score
Country
Malta
Hi,

I've recently noticed my DrivePro 220 stopped recording & all buttons on the device no longer work, only the power button works properly. It is definitely not a mechanical issue with the buttons as when I press the buttons while the device is in standby mode with the screen switched off, the device reacts to my input and switches on the screen. I just can't do anything with the menu system on the device.

I noticed that there is a lock/padlock icon on the top bar that is not documented or mentioned in the user manual (photo added for refference) so I'm not sure what it means, I'm thinking maybe it's some safety lock that somehow got activated but I can't seem to unlock it. I've tried all possible combination of key presses using the 4 buttons at the bottom & also the red emergency button on the left, no luck.

I've also done a couple factory resets using the reset button on the bottom, the screen flashes white after a few seconds and the device reboots, but it returns in the same state.

I would try a firmware update, but unfortunately you need to initiate the update from the settings menu & since I am unable to navigate to that menu using the buttons it doesn't seem possible.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• locked.jpg
    locked.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 0
Back