Trigger Parking Mode Viofo A119 Mini 2

OpinionClam

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello everyone! :)

I recently bought the new A119 Mini 2 and would like to manually set the parking mode. As far as I know, the old HK3 with the micro USB connector used the ID pin, but I couldn't find any information on how Viofo handles this with the HK4. Because of this, I’m unsure how to replicate it.

I’d really appreciate it if someone could help me figure out which pin needs to be set to 5V, GND, or something else.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Hello everyone! :)

I recently bought the new A119 Mini 2 and would like to manually set the parking mode. As far as I know, the old HK3 with the micro USB connector used the ID pin, but I couldn't find any information on how Viofo handles this with the HK4. Because of this, I’m unsure how to replicate it.

I’d really appreciate it if someone could help me figure out which pin needs to be set to 5V, GND, or something else.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
For installing the hardwire kit, you may refer to this video:

Hey there! Congrats on your new A119 Mini 2—great choice!

As for the parking mode with the HK4 hardwire kit, it can definitely be a bit confusing compared to the older HK3. Here’s what I know:

1.​

The HK4 uses a different connection method than the old HK3, which had that micro USB connector and the ID pin. The HK4 now uses a USB-C connection for the power, and Viofo has updated how it detects whether you want it in parking mode.

2.​

The key with the HK4 is how it senses power from the IGN (ignition) vs. ACC (accessory) lines. The parking mode is triggered based on the voltage it receives from these connections. You don’t actually need to mess with setting pins to 5V or GND—Viofo has automated this based on the wiring.

To manually set it up:

• The red wire from the HK4 goes to constant power (12V).
  • The yellow wire goes to an ignition-switched power source (ACC).
  • The black wire is ground, of course.
When the ignition is off, the hardwire kit detects the change in power and automatically switches to parking mode.

3.​

If you want to manually force it into parking mode without waiting for the ignition to switch, you can go into the dash cam’s settings and select Parking Mode. You might also be able to use the HK4’s inline switch (if included) to toggle parking mode, but it varies by model.

4.​

If you really want to dive into replicating the old ID pin behavior, the USB-C standard doesn’t use an ID pin like micro USB did. Instead, it handles communication and power detection through the actual voltage changes on the data lines. But the hardwire kit should handle everything for you once properly installed.

Summary​

• Use the HK4’s red, yellow, and black wires for constant, ignition-switched, and ground connections.
  • Let the HK4 handle parking mode based on power changes.
  • If needed, force parking mode manually through the dash cam’s settings or the inline switch.
  • Hello everyone! :)

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Back