Trying to get ran over

adorfer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
o.k. not a real hard attempt, but at least i do respect the effort.
(no, not the cyclist, but the pupil jumping on the tarmac.)

I remember before I got my dash cam had two young boys walking along the sidewalk and as I approached, one of them suddenly turned and stepped in front of me. Luckily for me, and him, he stepped back on the curb, do not know what was going through his mind. Could have been like the fly hitting your windshield at 60 mph though. o_O

Kids can do the most stupid things, you never know what might happen.

Been through a similar event, this was way before dashcams was even invented... or at least before they was in size for car use without having to bring a trailer ;). A guy was crossing the street at a crossing and I slowed down just enough to let him over safely, but just as he entered the opposite curb (and I started to pick up speed again) it was like he changed his mind. He did a quick 180 and walked back out on the crossing again without looking at all :eek:!! I missed him with (what felt like) millimetres!! I can still remember his eyes sized like saucers staring at me as he realized what was about to happen. He didn't get squished but that was probably more luck than thanks to my amazing reflexes :D

Last edited:
As I was driving a truck over a bridge, No way to cross with center divider. There was a guy standing waiting for a truck to just come along. (if you know what I mean) I just about stopped by where he was standing. and puttered past him. Your not committing that selfish act on the front grill of my truck. I have regretted and wondered many times what I could have done to help him if I had stopped to talk with him.

Back