Turn off Startup Sound

azchrisf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there any way to turn off the Startup Tone when the Logo appears?
Many other cameras have features to MUTE everything.

Contrary to this post, I prefer to keep the start up chime on. It's acts as an indicator if the cam momentarily stopped recording and restarted, helps to determine an issue.

I just got my Mini 0807. The "Beep" is set to Off, but I still get the startup sound when my car starts up. This can get quite annoying since my car has stop/go feature so it sounds every time the engine starts back up again. Anyway to turn this off?

I would advise you to repeat your question on the Mini forum.;)

Contrary to this post, I prefer to keep the start up chime on. It's acts as an indicator if the cam momentarily stopped recording and restarted, helps to determine an issue.
Whenever I take my car in to get serviced they unplug the dashcam :( silent mode might not give it away since it looks stealthy as it is.

Whenever I take my car in to get serviced they unplug the dashcam :( silent mode might not give it away since it looks stealthy as it is.
hard wire it with an off timer.

hard wire it with an off timer.
I had the same experience, I was hoping to get a birds eye view of them talking and working on my mustang but they also pulled the plug out Strange

they never pulled mine when it went in for trans service, heard them talking and everything, they even near the end looked at the dash cam with one d00d asking the other what it was. never unplugged it or anything as its hard wired.

I used to have one hardwired, they'd just pull the power from the unit end instead. Turning the sound off at least doesn't alert them to it being there as much.

they never pulled mine when it went in for trans service, heard them talking and everything, they even near the end looked at the dash cam with one d00d asking the other what it was. never unplugged it or anything as its hard wired.
When I picked up my car the power cord was pulled out. Maybe they were familiar with a cam . I only can assumed the mechanic went to a drive thru at Burger King

That's why I turned it off on mine, so I could hear the service workers. I have 2 cameras though, so if they say something they probably wont realize the second.
The last time I took the car in for service at the Dealership (usually use an independent shop, but the dealership can only do certain things), they said "Hes got a camera!" when the chime went off.
Since I turned the sound off and hid it behind the rear view, noone notices easily anymore.

I caught one guy, when I said the car pulls to the left (turned out to be a blown shock which was brand new too...), he said "This bitch is trippin it ain't pulling'". Yet the SM says the shock was likely the reason it was pulling, and lo and behold, it was. Goes to the old saying only you know your car the best - you drive it every day, so you know the little ins and outs of it's behavior.

Love being able to hear them say things like that...angers me but shows me what they really think behind the "smile and nod".

That's why I turned it off on mine, so I could hear the service workers. I have 2 cameras though, so if they say something they probably wont realize the second.
The last time I took the car in for service at the Dealership (usually use an independent shop, but the dealership can only do certain things), they said "Hes got a camera!" when the chime went off.
Since I turned the sound off and hid it behind the rear view, noone notices easily anymore.

I caught one guy, when I said the car pulls to the left (turned out to be a blown shock which was brand new too...), he said "This bitch is trippin it ain't pulling'". Yet the SM says the shock was likely the reason it was pulling, and lo and behold, it was. Goes to the old saying only you know your car the best - you drive it every day, so you know the little ins and outs of it's behavior.

Love being able to hear them say things like that...angers me but shows me what they really think behind the "smile and nod".
My Ford shop like to take it to a Burger King drive thru, never fails

when I was a motor mechanic, I used to have a great time in customers cars, im just glad dash cams weren't around in those times.

when I was a motor mechanic, I used to have a great time in customers cars, im just glad dash cams weren't around in those times.

I worked in a Ford dealership when I was an apprentice and we used to service the Highway Patrol cars, all the staff were lucky there were no in car cameras back then

Back