Turn the camera on instead of charge when plugging the USB cable

paul-2015

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to turn the YI on without the battery when plugging the USB cable, that way
I can use a video capture card to record the HDMI output when the camera is installed on a wall that is hard to reach.

Does any of you guys know of a simple hack to make this work? I found a project on the internet but it seems to be
quite difficult to accomplish: http://www.sgabolab.com/2016/06/usb-self-start-every-camera-explain.html

Thanks

When I connect a usb cable without batt it works.

When I connect a usb cable without batt it works.

Did you do any mods to it? Tried a few USB cables and ports here but it won't turn on if I remove the battery and plug the cable to the computer.

Did you do any mods to it? Tried a few USB cables and ports here but it won't turn on if I remove the battery and plug the cable to the computer.
Tried the following without batery installed on international version xiaomi yi action camera

Normal microusb cable powered by windows usb port -works
Xiaomi phone charger -works

but still required to press button to on. If you want it "auto-on" like your video I dont know how.

Last edited:
Tried the following without batery installed on international version xiaomi yi action camera

Normal microusb cable powered by windows usb port -works
Xiaomi phone charger -works

but still required to press button to on. If you want it "auto-on" like your video I dont know how.

Thanks man, I'll see if I will have any success with this experiment.

Back