Two inputs, one record?

stewall

Reaction score
Does anyone know: -
I see the Itronics ITB-100HD supports a separate camera input; does it record both inputs onto the SD card?
I have a JC-300 and bought a Itronics ITB-100HD for my wife. I was very impressed with the simplicity of it that I bought a further one for myself and now I have the JC facing front and the new Itronics ITB-100HD in the back window facing back at traffic behind, that way I'm covered if someone rear ends me, etc.
I guess the best scenario would be to have two front cams recording front/left and front/right onto one SD :geek: .
What do you think?

stewall said:
Does anyone know: -
I see the Itronics ITB-100HD supports a separate camera input; does it record both inputs onto the SD card?
I have a JC-300 and bought a Itronics ITB-100HD for my wife. I was very impressed with the simplicity of it that I bought a further one for myself and now I have the JC facing front and the new Itronics ITB-100HD in the back window facing back at traffic behind, that way I'm covered if someone rear ends me, etc.
I guess the best scenario would be to have two front cams recording front/left and front/right onto one SD :geek: .
What do you think?

Hi stewall,

The Itronics ITB-100HD has a video out port but not a video in port so I don't think you will be able to connect another camera to it.

What is the JC-300 camera? Can you post some details of it since I am not familiar with it.

Thanks
Dash Cam Man

Sorry, I got it slightly wrong; it's the Black Box Camera System Model # RVS-300C at about $250, I was confusing the name of the app used to view it, with the name of the camera
I got mine via rearviewsafety.com about 18 months ago.
It's very reliable and the video is almost on a par with the ITB (it displays MPH in the playback),
There are several images at http://www.rearviewsafety.com/black-box-system.html
I find the ITB much easier to use and mount
Thanks for the clarification about the vid port.
One thing I did have trouble with was with a decent double-sided tape to re-apply the mounts to the windshields when moving them about!!!
I settled on Scotch Extreme Mounting tape from auto shops. It seems to do the job on a long-term basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
stewall said:
Sorry, I got it slightly wrong; it's the Black Box Camera System Model # RVS-300C at about $250, I was confusing the name of the app used to view it, with the name of the camera
I got mine via rearviewsafety.com about 18 months ago.
It's very reliable and the video is almost on a par with the ITB (it displays MPH in the playback),
There are several images at http://www.rearviewsafety.com/black-box-system.html
I find the ITB much easier to use and mount
Thanks for the clarification about the vid port.
One thing I did have trouble with was with a decent double-sided tape to re-apply the mounts to the windshields when moving them about!!!
I settled on Scotch Extreme Mounting tape from auto shops. It seems to do the job on a long-term basis.

Hi stewall,

Never heard of the RVS-300C. Seems interesting. The double-sided tape (3M / Scotch) really should come standard with these dash cams.

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
The tape does come with all the cams I have bought but my point was that once removed, the tape is useless and finding a suitable replacement was difficult. After all, what's the point in having all these cams and not experimenting with location, etc. ;)
If something works, let's try to make it work better, eh?
We're all geeks of some sort or another. you should see the dash of my new leased Honda Odyssey, there's hardly any room for the extra GPS, Radar, cam and Torque OBD system display. :lol:

Back