U3000 GPS connection

middletoncj

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Anyone encountered this, GPS takes forever to connect if it connects at all, weather bright sunshine clear sky, even fitted a external signal amplifier, still hopeless. I know heated windscreens can have an effect but never had the same issue with the U1000 without the amplifier. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
Col

Anyone encountered this, GPS takes forever to connect if it connects at all, weather bright sunshine clear sky, even fitted a external signal amplifier, still hopeless. I know heated windscreens can have an effect but never had the same issue with the U1000 without the amplifier. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
Col
First time using THINKWARE. How do we know when it’s connected to GPS? Would like to test out this as well.

First time using THINKWARE. How do we know when it’s connected to GPS? Would like to test out this as well.
When you look at the camera to the top there should be three led's, the third one to the right is the gps one if this is not illuminated it is not connected, it will illuminate blue when connected. You can also check the signal strength when connected by using the dash cam link app on your mobile phone. I will admit mine has now greatly improved after connecting a few times but still a bit slow.

When you look at the camera to the top there should be three led's, the third one to the right is the gps one if this is not illuminated it is not connected, it will illuminate blue when connected. You can also check the signal strength when connected by using the dash cam link app on your mobile phone. I will admit mine has now greatly improved after connecting a few times but still a bit slow.
I’m going to test and see. I’ve never seen anything about gps on the app and never really looked the device itself. Thank you for the information. Will test it and see.

Back