U3000 MicroSD Card

Abbey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently purchased the U3000 and it works great so far except for the fact it does not like any microSD card I put in it. I'm currently using the 64 gb card that came with it, but I have tried multiple 256 gb Samsung PRO Endurance cards and each one says I need to format the card no matter if I have formatted it. I was wondering what microSD cards other people use in theirs and if anyone has gotten away with a larger card than supported.

I recently purchased the U3000 and it works great so far except for the fact it does not like any microSD card I put in it. I'm currently using the 64 gb card that came with it, but I have tried multiple 256 gb Samsung PRO Endurance cards and each one says I need to format the card no matter if I have formatted it. I was wondering what microSD cards other people use in theirs and if anyone has gotten away with a larger card than supported.
Its because you need to format in exfat.

I have formatted with an exFAT file system it doesn't see to change anything.
Sorry, then I dont know what to tell you... For me (512gb card) formatting to exfat solved the formatted issue. But depending on the size of your card. It could be FAT or exFAT. I'd try both.

Sorry, then I dont know what to tell you... For me (512gb card) formatting to exfat solved the formatted issue. But depending on the size of your card. It could be FAT or exFAT. I'd try both.
Sorry for asking the obvious question - are you using a U3000

If so, which larger SD card are you using and any tips or things to know

I'm going to try a 256gb Samsung Extreme Pro and thanks to @safedrivesolutions for the help

On the stock 64gb card, I get about 100 minutes with the 2ch U3000 set at max quality

I thought it should have been a lot more, but there's a hidden TWSYS folder takes up anywhere from 20-25gb

After a few days, I've had no issues with this card

I'm getting about 7 hours of recording time, as the TWSYS folder takes up about 90gb

You may find alternative branded cards don't work correctly so be aware. I tested a Sandisk Ultra 256gb in my unit and it all appeared to work fine except when you did a Manual Recording they varied from 1 second, 32 seconds up to 60 seconds when they should always be 60 seconds (unless the ignition is turned off mid recording). When i use the original card every Manual recording is 60 seconds as it should be! So you may get strange things like that happen.

If you have MacOS, watch what kind of partition table you have choosen while formating:

GUID-partitiontable, Master Boot Record or Apple-partition table

Back